I need help, Windows will only load in safe mode

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SonyaM32, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Hi
    I do not know what the problem is. I tried to restart my computer today and a black screen comes up saying that Windows will not start up correctly and it gives me the options of starting in safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode command prompt only.
    I have tried unplugging and running all of my scans in safe mode.
    My NOD32 license run out a week ago, so I uninstalled it and installed another anti-virus until I can get NOD32 back.
    I wasn't able to get on the internet until this time around and hopefully I can get back on to get my answers here.
    Can anyone help me figure this out?
    I do not have the Windows XP CD to reinstall Windows. But I do have the eMachines CD that came with the computer, but I do not know what is on the CD.
    Thanks and any advise to help me get full Windows runnign would be great:)

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  2. SonyaM32

Also all of our Windows XP user accounts seem to be missing, mine and my daughters.
    I am in safe mode now. I went to control panel and then to user accounts and all of them are missing except the Admin accounts o_O o_O o_O

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

at the black boot menu, near the bottom, there should be an option for a normal boot.

as for the CD, it has a recovery program. if it was like the CD for my emachine, it will restore windows (with or without a format) and all preinstalled software.

4. SonyaM32

Thanks :) I did try to normal boot though and it just froze on the Windows Xp screen.
    Should I be able to do the eMachines CD in safe mode and will a folder come up for Windows?
    Thanks again :)

5. SonyaM32

I just used the eMachines CD to reinstall Windows XP. I lost everything, but that doesn't bother me too much since I couldn't get on Windows at all before without going under safe mode, except that I have to reinstall everything I had on here which is alot..:D

I do have a question though. I am able to get on the internet but I don't think I am under my usual intetrnet connection which is Road Runner. I was asked something about internet connection but I don't remember what I did. How do I tell what internet I am using?

6. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

If the only connection\ISP you have is through RR and you did not sign up for any new account then you are still on RR.

7. SonyaM32

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

just start ur computer off the recovery cd and it should automatically start.

if it doesnt, then ur computer isnt set to boot off ur cd-rom first.

9. SonyaM32

I did it already :) It worked, and Windows is back up & running, except I lost everything I had on the computer. It's back to just like the day I bought the computer. But it's ok because it needed it, and I got all of my disk space back, lol :D I am having to reinstall all of my drivers to everything I had installed, and I am trying to remember all of the programs I had, and I'm trying to find all of my bookmarks so I can re-bookmark them. :D This is alot of work, lol :D :D
    Thanks so much for your help :) !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.