I made my decision, but.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dowzup, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dowzup

dowzup Registered Member

After hours of forum jumping, and a frustrating shakedown cruise with Kaspersky IS 6 (which would never open back up my ability to VPN to the office), I picked a security program. I selected BitDefender Antivirus Plus 10. It had positive comments here. It is working smoothly on my machine and my VPN capability is back.

My question is, am I adequately protected without buying any other apps?? I'm not cheap, but I don't see any point to spending money that is unnecessary either.

Thanks for the great community here. It was invaluable input.

Joe

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i doubt u need another paid app, but having one or two free on-demand scanners (like a-squared and superantispyware) couldnt hurt.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I'd say yes based on the V10 Plus feature set and performance seen for prior versions.

The only addition I can think of is performing periodic cleanouts manually or downloading the free CCleaner or something similar to automate that task (and provide a couple of other capabilities to boot).

Blue

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

In case you are concerned about the firewall protection, it is important to know that the BitDefender firewall needs to work along with the Windows Firewall in order to be effective. That means, you must keep both Windows Firewall and BitDefender Firewall in BitDefender AntiVirus Plus v10 in order to have effective protection against hackers.

For those of you using BitDefender Internet Security 10, the above instructions do not apply as the BitDefender firewall in BDIS 10 is fully self-sufficient and offers decent protection.

Apart from that, I'd say you are pretty well covered. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.