i love nod but.... i need a new av

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have tried everything i can and everything anyone has suggested to me regarding how nod ess beta (and yes i know its a beta) runs on my laptop its terrible.. i have to wait nearly 10 min everytime i start up the computer, i have tried turning off the startup scan to no avail. i uninstall it and everything runs fine again and no startup lag at all after that. so im looking for something new to try i will still run nod on my desktops since i have 0 issues there.

first off i run vista ultimate on this machine. its mainly the wifes system but i use it when i want a laptop to use. so i would like a suite to install since she knows 0 about firewalls i need to make it as easy for her as i can. i hate zone alarm.. so thats out.

what can you recc i was thinking of a trial of kav or avira suite but i have heard horror stories about kav lately with the chkdsk issue and other things..

what else is out there.. again i need something somewhat simple for her. i love eset and nod but no matter what i have tried this system only runs fine after i uninstall it and ive tried even a clean vista install then the first program i installed was ess and the same results so im not going to mess with it anymore im tired of doing so..

thanks

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

First, if you have a active license for Nod, I would urge you to put the non-beta back on your PC. It is a great AV, proven dependable and works well with Vista. Beta is just what it implies and it holds true for all AVs. They will not allow a thread on comparisions of the products because they all act differently based on your setup. I agree I would avoid Kaspersky, for now. So before I start becoming a fanboy, my suggestion is to go back to what works well and will solve your issue until Eset finishes tweaking 3.0.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I used to have NOD32 on my system and liked it very much.
    But now have Avast Pro running and it is the only one outside of NOD that I really like.
    You can give it a try, Avast has a 60 day trial.
    I've tried quite a few AV's and i'm sticking with this one for a while.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

how would you rate avast to avira?? thanks

5. xandros

xandros Registered Member

u can try kaspersky internet security
    its very light and strong

or

try avira antivir premium its every good but u must to use fire wall with it
    use comodo pro its very good

i use kaspersky internet security now

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I wont, because I dont know your setup. If both interest you, then you should trial both to see what works best for you.

7. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

horror stories with Kav?might just be that:-stories!
    I've used Kav since version 3 and can honestly say I have never experienced the chckdisk problem that keeps being brought up here and other places,from most posts it seems this problem is quite(very?)rare but if it worries you don't go there.Nod 2.7 is still a top AV,so why run the beta if it doesn't"agree" with your PC:-If your running any Beta you've got to expect a few hiccups,its part and parcel of "beta testing"

8. btman

btman Registered Member

I've ran it since first release of V6 and also haven't had these issues.

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.