I like to stick my foot up aol but

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:mad: see this smiley that how mad i am i usealy rarely use this smiley.

Dude Aol is evill incarnated.

there buisness practice remind me of a mafia im not kiding they have some shadey buismess practicess.

i recomend every one switch from aol to something else and get your confirmation number including the first name last name and id number of the person you talk to when canceling your aol acount.

And i cant stress on this enough GET YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER WHEN YOU CANCEL AND SAVE ALL INFO ON A DISK

first off heres the score with aol

you sighn up your screwed they will keep billing you with out your permistion

if you sighned up for a year guess what next year you have aol and dont even know it till after you get a bill from your credit card

regardless if you want aol it or not

heres another nasty you will get whats called the run around treatment when you try canceling your account

you will also be jerked into trying aol free for 3 extra months of free aol and then get billed if you dont try canceling algain and geting you confirmation number.

yup thats right when you try canceling aol they try seting you up with an extra 3 months or something and they assume they got you algain

tell them hell no you dont want free aol just gimme confirmation number

heres another bad thing why is it when i open an aol acount same day i get crap load of spam?

cause same mofos sale my info to companys that are in partnership with warner and aol.

but yet when i sighn up for yahoo or juno i get maybe one pice a spam every two days vs aol 50 spams or more a day and im not kiding

also why does earthnet offer faster dial up for same price you pay befor

why is juno dial up faster dial up still way cheaper then aol?

and the bigest qustion is why do i get more disconects with aol or same amount as juno but im paying up the but to aol just to get booted off there system

dosent it make sense to get juno pay less then half you pay for aol with same crapy service why pay double to get booted lol.

and heres the bigest beef aol 9.0 is a nightmare

the software is so flaw

that on some systems it assumes your on aol broadband cable and when it installs preconfigs your pc as broadband

what happens you say alot of horriable stuff

your on dial up yet aol says your on cable

my frind brenda was on dial up to she updated to 9.0 and her sytem was so messed up she had to wipe her hd

aol try puting a fire wall and some other stuff that compermised her dial up and a hacker ran havoc on her system as wll

and she had a good fire wall but aol security missed up her already exsisting security and left it wide open to attack

some one needt to put foot up those aol buts lol

2. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Sorry Blaze. I can't offer you my Steel toe boot on this one. I've been on AOL for 7 years. Never had any major problems. First I had dialup :rolleyes:, then DSL. The only beef I've ever had is they don't notify you when they are going offline to do maintenance. :mad: I ripped them a new one after I spent the better part of a day (reloading software and stuff) trying to get on when there was no way because they weren't there. Hasn't happened since. :D Good Luck with wharever ISP you go with. :D

3. Mr.Blaze

:Djuno and i never looked back lol

if all you can is dial up cause you live in the country any other isp is better then aol dial up lol

aol is only good for parents that ned parental controls badly otherwise if your single and dont have kids and you can only get dial up any other isp is better then aol lol.

nope i dont trust them aol

plus it seems to me hackers all say its easyer to hack aol they even have aol hack program that gets updated as much as a viruse

4. GoonMan

GoonMan Registered Member

I had a free year of AOL and never used it. But the CD made a good Frizbee. :D

5. spydespiser

spydespiser Registered Member

Hi Goonman :)

I use em as coasters on the coffe table

when family come round and i make a hot brew they start looking round for somewhere to put it, so i throw em either an AOL or Tiscali disc and wait for the funny looks :D i've got a draw full :D

I'm tellin you we live a virtual world of Spam and junk mail

I live about 10-15 secs walk from the local shop and my local pub is 15ft directly in front of where i live, and i'm sure everytime i leave the house for more than a minute some Ba****d shoves a handful through the bloody door!

I'm still waiting for the day when i go to shop and every packet of cigs or baked beans has a bloody disc stuck to it! :D

they should change the law that every piece of junk has a return address that then gets billed to the original sender,they might be able to afford it but lets see how they like wading through a huge pile of s**t everytime they want to go through the door!

SpyD :D :D :D

6. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

:mad: AOL - one bad dude!! After being with AOL for a year and plagued with spam mail, etc. I cancelled my subscription prior to leaving on a 3 month vacation. Guess what, they kept taking their pound of flesh off my credit card. However, since I was not using that particular credit card while away, the credit company suspended my card because of unpaid charges. Upon my return, well the feathers hit the fan!! cuz the credit card company reported me to the credit bureau as a bad debt. I asked AOL to please confirm they erred so I can re-instate my credit rating and they told me word for word: "we do not apologize for our errors". Well excuse me!! Since then they have been sending me their CD's and one even inviting me to try them for 6 months free with no credit card required ... yeh, when pigs fly!! However, I suggest anyone cancelling AOL, should be sure to advise their credit card company not to accept any billing from AOL from a certain date - that should stop their continual billing. One other thing - AOL is difficult to completely unistal ... there are bits & pieces to be found after uninstallation. :(

7. Peaches4U

Here is a bit more on AOL from the Tom_Cat spyware list website.

Search Results

Previous Next
    Back to record list
    Record 43 of 70 matches

Software Name: America Online (AOL)
    Software Website: http://www.aol.com
    Offending Party: Internal
    Remarks: A computer that has AOL installed generates a calling to proxy.aol.com whether signed on to AOL ISP or not. Currently this is being investigated by different security.coms.
    Entry Date: 14-May-2002
    EULA:

8. Nick

Nick Registered Member

When I was young and foolish, I had AOL for free some whatever months it was. When I cancelled it they offered the 3 more months for free thing and I took it, but never used it since I was going over to cable. After those 3 months were up, I told them to stop the service. When the credit card statement came in the next month, there was an AOL charge on it. I called them and had to go back and forth with them several times before they removed the charge.

So the moral to the story is don't give AOL your credit card number.

9. spydespiser

Hi Peaches :)

Any idea how to disable/track down any such activity on my comp.?

SpyD :cool:

10. Mr.Blaze

:eek:so not cool that explains the crashs omg it damages your pc regardless if you use it or not just haveing it on your pc it calls home

cant hackers pigy back a ride to your pc ?

11. Mr.Blaze

:eek:that go double for blaze how we disable that?

12. GoonMan

I had a Mother board to crash and when the tech reinstalled the software he installed Aol again and when I asked about removing it he said that it would be better if I did not it might make my system crash.

Well I removed it and so far so good. I do not want anything Aol on my computer not even Messenger. :D

This is just my opinion about aol.

They pay for their free internet by advertising and selling your name to spammers. They are like Ticks once they get started they do not want to turn loose. Some like and some don't.

My brother has nothing but trouble with Aol but his wife will not switch. He is of the opinion that a computer would make a good fire in the back yard or a good Paper weight or boat anchor. ROFLMAO :D :D :D

13. spydespiser

" :eek: that go double for blaze how we disable that " LOL :D

So i'm not the only one ? :D :D :D :D

Always nice to know :D

SpyD

14. GoonMan

Not sure how others got rid of the aol junk but I did a search for aol on my computer and found all of the files.

I believe there are some help forums that have fixes to remove aol junk but I would have to look for it or try to remember where I saw it.

You might try a search on Google.

15. Peaches4U

LOL - you guys are soooo funny. :D I got rid of any trace of AOL when I upgraded from Windows 98 to XP by doing a clean instal - I think that by doing a Search for all files, you may be able to find them that way and delete them & you should be okay. However, if AOL was sharing other crucial files o_Oo_O then I must admit I do not have the answer. By the way, anyone that downloads Netscape will also receive AOL Instant Messaging ...... been there done that but when I uninstalled Netscape I think all of AOL Instant Messaging went with it as I cannot find anything in my computer. Isn't computer life grand!!!! :D :D :D

16. Peaches4U

:rolleyes: I'm back with a few more goodies for you ..... now check this out..... :(

Search Results

Previous Next
    Back to record list
    Record 49 of 70 matches

Software Name: AOL Anti-timer
    Offending Party: Web3000
    EULA:

Some interesting reading about AOL anti-timer
    http://www.xtdnet.nl/paul/spam/1999/193.html

Here is some more interesting stuff about AOL and I know that you most certainly will not feel that you are the only ones with an AOL problem:
    http://www.computeruser.com/resources/advisor/forums/viewtopic.php?t=195

Somehow I don't think I made your day! or did I? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.