I got viruses please help

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Hellboy, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellboy

Hellboy Registered Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Trojan or Virus, Bloodhound.Packed, Backdoor.Mutny, Trojan.Startpage and Dloader-FC

Hi Everyone,

Few days ago my dad opened an email which as you can see delivered all above viruses and trojans. Since then I have been going through the logs and system registery and cleaning all the trojans, I have used Symantec(norton), Ad-aware, Spybot, Xoftspy and few other spyware and adware removal tools, I have gone through step by step removing each and every files explained in Many websites, but the bloody thing keeps coming everytime I restart the pc. Oh yes, I have made a bootable cd and removed it from boot sector and memory as well but it didnt help! dont laugh but i was so pissed off, i was about to remove the motherboard battery! haha (joke)

Ok, Im not too experienced in pc like you all but i do ok, however, I need your help. First of all, the pc is 100 times slower! I get a red desktop with few internet links in it (ofcourse "warning you have spyware, click here to remove it"), I can not remove this desktop because everytime i go to remove it, the mouse wont click on any other desktop picture in display properties.

Every time i loginto windows (XP Pro SP2), I see about 20 weired .exe files loading in task manager. THey are all in system32 directory, i remove them, then they show up with a different name such as QLP.EXE, or KPE.EXE and ect.

THe most important effect is that I can not see the desktop files at all! I only have Recycle bin and on the desktop. I tried to search for the directories but they are not there, however, the search result shows them in C:\Desktop! hows that possible! there was not desktop in C:\! all the users are supposed to be in document and setting then username, then desktop. (What a virus!)

The other problem is everytime I put something on the desktop, it will double! yes, you read it right! same name, same extention! haha im going creazy here!

I have restarted the pc and used hijackthis to get a log for you. you can see a lot of stuff in host file, I have tried to remove them even in safe mode, it wont let me even after loging as admin.

I am about to format the bloody hard drive and lost all the files. Please give me an ulternative, please help.

~ snip ~ Please do not post HJT Logs ~ Blackspear

ok thats it, I hope the info is enough. Norton tells me i got these viruses but it can not remove it even in safe mode. XoftSpy detects the Troj/Dloader-FC, says that it removed it but if i run it again, it detects the virus again.

I thank you in advance for your feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2005
  2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Wilders does not provide one-on-one HijackThis log analysis and system cleaning services anymore . I suggest you post your log at http://castlecops.com/forum67.html , but before you do:

First you got to disable System-Restore (you can allways enable after your clean again), and download install/update Ewido Anti-trojan and then run all your apps in safemode again.

Info on startpage , mutny and bloodhound . There is also the very comprehensive GENERAL Virus and Trojan removal Instructions here at Wilders.

Hope this helps :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.