I didn't deserve banishment.

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by NewR, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewR

NewR Guest

Hi everyone.
    I wish to rejoin your forums, may I do so as a member?
    If not, please keep the unlocked forums, unlocked for guests.
    I also recall someone saying in 2002 or last year, I may rejoin if I wanted.
    I especially want the general forum and SpywareBlaster related forums left open.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi NewR,

Well, it would help to know who you are and such. Would you like to send me an email with some more details?

At this point in time we have no plans on closing any forums to guests, though the future is uncertain, we'd hope to always allow guest postings here.

3. thetruth

thetruth Guest

You see the problem here is this place is a clique. Sure they're nice at first, but if you keep posting here well, they don't like it. Unless your a computer genius.Then your more than welcome. And if your not in on the 'G' rated action and post one thing even slightly out of line you get blackballed! Now this is the total truth, but i'll bet they will try to convince you otherwise-don't believe it! I'll probably get kicked off for writing this even though it's the truth. Welcome to the snob zone!

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Oh come on. :rolleyes:

5. longdog

longdog Guest

Somebody isn't a happy camper.

6. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

What a crock of bovine fecal matter!!!! Let me clue you, friend - if there were a 'clique' here, I wouldn't keep coming back. I don't play games, I don't play politics and I don't play people against one another. If you are dissatisfied with the way things are done here, then you don't need to be here. If, however, you have a valid criticism or suggestion, bring it to an Admin's attention. Anonymous sniping is not the way to handle things.

7. 2dazed

2dazed Registered Member

Wow! Looks like alot has gone on since I've been away. New setup, new look, hurt feelings.

NewR & TheTruth...No clue to what happened to you 2, but I can't imagine anyone at Wilders being a snob, or treating people indifferently. I'm not a wiz on the PC, & was never made to feel like I was inadequate because of it. I came here to learn more, & help others with what I do know. I ended up making a few friends in the process. I'm sorry ya'll feel like this place is only for a "select" few. This isn't a "clique" speech, either. Just a friend of the Wilders forums. I hope ya'll find a place where you feel like ya'll belong. Take care, 2dazed.

8. Sassy Girl

Sassy Girl Registered Member

NewR
    I am a very new & uneducated computer user & have found nothing but help at this forum, even though I probably ask the silliest question they ever see. I am not good at English but they understand & try to explain & help all they can. If you act nice, they will act nice to you so give it some chance. :)

9. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Some people just cannot cope with "niceness". When they see people sincerely being congenial and friendly with one another it just makes their hair stand on end and they have to try their best to throw in some bad vibes (it’s what they’re made out of). And let me say something else, as Wilders continues to grow and become more popular, this type of thing will become more common. It will show the quality and character of the regular members of this group if we can simply let it be "like water off a ducks back" and not take it personally (although they will try to make it as personal as possible). Take care.

Acadia

10. sig

sig Registered Member

thetruth? The truth? You can't handle the truth! :D

The truth is, what really astounds me is that these folks apparently managed to get themselves banished! :eek: As in banned, barred, shunted to the nether regions (either purgatory or limbo I'm not sure, although I think limbo was eliminated as a cost-cutting measure a while back) and so now they are former posters, registered posters no more, their nicks are pushing up daisies, indeed verily they are ex-parrots...er, members.

Really it seems to take a lot before someone is shown the door around here from what I've seen. Usually this place is patient and tolerant to a fault IMO. It's a kindlier, gentler place. (And frankly that really p's me off! :D )

As for only wanting computer wizards about, Hahahahahahahaaaaa. The true wizards are subtle in their magic. Most of the rest of us just bumble about to varying degrees. Yes, we're a dull lot really. (For excitement, some Saturday nights we go over to the genealogy sites and tease the grannies. ;) )

Seriously and all jest aside, NewR: email LowWaterMark as he suggested. Or continue to visit as a guest. All are welcome, just mind you don't soil the carpets. ;)

(Bah, there's Acadia being all nice again. Look, me hair's standin on end! o_O )

:D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2004
  11. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 28, 2004
  12. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Man, I don't see how anyone could find anything wrong with the Admin's or other members of this forum. Anyone with a computer related problem, and I do mean anyone can get help here. All you have to do is ask. I'm no computer guru, and never will be. But I know that I can count on everyone here to help if I need it, which thankfully isn't very often. But on the few occasions I have, I've never had to wait long for a solution. :D

13. dog

dog Guest

Well said Beetlejuice. :) I agree completely.

he he ... :D

*puppy*

14. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

This GREAT!!! Gone for a week or so, and now I find out I am a computer genius!! Isn't this a wonderful life!! I have went from a bad typist to a genius!! Sorry to post and run, I have got to tell my family, they always said someday I would make them proud!! Now, if I only knew HOW I DID IT!!!:p

15. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

OK! It was only a couple of days, but, I didn't want to look like I was bragging! (About the genius thing) I find it really amazing someone doesn't feel "at home" here, or maybe you were just havin' some kind of "fun"? Really, stick around, blunder into the wrong places like I did, you will be advised gently and with great humor on how you can find your way around. I am very proud to be a member of this forum, even tho, I don't, OK, I don't think I know where I should be half the time, I AM allowed to learn by blundering and that is priceless to me!! E-mail LWM and just relax and enjoy the experience. I'm glad I did!*puppy* Are you all sure I can't tell my family I'm a computer genius!!!:D

16. Christa Le Roux

Christa Le Roux Registered Member

I think this person needs psychiatric treatment his nuts

17. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

This is one of the best forums,if anyone has been banished(big if)they probably deserved it! but I feel it is more likely just somebody is just being mischievous and s**t stirring as we would say in the UK

18. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

How can this place be fulla snobs if they let a nutball like me be a mod o_O

19. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Could it be that we're all a bunch of nice and polite, snobby nutballs? :D

Acadia

20. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

There is only one place on these forums where we discourage posting replies and that is the hijack cleaning forum

That is explained very well here
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=32172

I am sure that is what this guest is referring to

This is one of the very few forums on the net that allows guest posting in any of it's forums and I hope that any guest who has sought and received help here will stay and join the community as a member

21. NanDog

NanDog Registered Member

Yeah, dvk01 may have hit the nail on the head. The Hijack forum needs pertinent replies from those who have taken the HJT training and know what they're looking at and what to do about it because HJT is such a powerful tool and can really cause damage if misused! If "thetruth" was posting well-meaning but off-base replies there, he definitely would have been (gently) corrected by the HJT gurus. Perhaps his motives were pure but making a mistake with HiJackThis can really damage your 'puter!

From my experience, no one at Wilders is snobbish or elitist or cliquish. IMHO, this site is one of the most friendly, informal, laid-back, put your feet up on the coffee table, grab a cuppa and get comfortable, websites I've ever visited!! Major props to all the Wilders contributors!

And "thetruth", sorry if you came away with a negative opinion. I'm sure no one meant to deliberately offend. Please hang around, check out the various forums and threads for awhile and then make the decision as to whether this is the place for you or not.

Just my 2¢!

22. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If the only people that were welcome here were computer genius's there wouldn't be much point in having a forum. But since everyone that needs help or just wants to hang out here are more than welcome at wilders. I have not seen the snobs that you claim are here but I don't have a grudge against someone here either.And I personally have nothing but praise for the people here that give assistance out of the goodness of their hearts. In case you have not noticed, All the help here are volenteers.

bigc

Last edited: May 1, 2004
  23. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I've been on computers something like 20 years, and back when we were working more or less directly with DOS I was considered pretty darned competent. But these days I'm just one more point-and-click-and-pray user, and have no illusions at all about being an expert any more.

But I try to learn what I can, and help as best I can, and I think I get along pretty well with most of the rest of us here. And if that makes me (and the rest of us) part of some kind of clique -- well, so be it, I make a point of not trying to argue people's "labels".

24. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Watch it Acadia ... me a nutballo_O I'm a sweet peach! :D

25. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Hi - I don't know what you wrote or did to make you feel this way or why you were removed as a member. I assure you there is no snobbery here only a lot of very nice people who help one another. Members here are very caring and new members are always welcomed into the fold. Sometimes we let our hair loose and kibitz around and it is always done with respect - if we lean slightly, short order is in place swiftly and we all tow the line again smiling. When I first came to these forums I thought to myself wow, I am too embarrassed to ask this or that or am I offering advice correctly but one soon begins to slowly fit in and then it becomes a desire to be here every day to chat with our online friends. In my opinion, this is one of the best forums I hang out in ... I can refer you to a forum where there is a below the belt hitting constantly. So cheer up, email LWM [he really is a nice guy & reasonable] and discuss the matter with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.