i can't recover my backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jintax, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jintax

jintax Registered Member

Hello everybody.
    I just purchased a new computer: Intel7 920 , Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5,3 GB DDR 3 Corsair Triple Channel,Western Digital 6400 AAKS,Nvidia 285 GTX,DVD RW LG,Power Supply Corsair 650 W.
    So,everything it's working great on my new PC,but i have a problem,and i wanna ask those who have the same motherboard.
    I can't use Acronis True Image 11. I install the program,i make the backup,i put it on D ( second partition) but when i wanna make a recovery,i do everything normal ( i used Acronis for years) and i press "reboot"
    After reboot,i have the message "Verifying DMI data pool..." So,everything it's okay until here,and than the next message "Acronis loading operation..."and short after,"Acronis is loading,please wait" and after that there should be those green lines loading the acronis image,but nothing happent ,and the computer just restart.I tried several times,2 different Acronis versions,on 2 different hard drives,and with XP,Windows 7,but same result.
    Do you have any idea what could it be? Maybe a setting in BIOS? Maybe the CMOS is damaged ? ( that's hard to believe)
    Any suggestions are welcome. Cheers

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Re: i can't recovery my backup

You have very new hardware. Download the TI2009 trial and see if it works.

I'm not clear if you've done the restore and then you get the failure when the restored Windows tries to load or if you never get the Acronis Linux rescue environment to load up when the PC reboots after you enter the restore information.

3. jintax

jintax Registered Member

I didn't restore it at all.
    I tried TI 2009,as well. Same story.
    I'll try again TI2009. I don't think that my hardware (cmos )is damaged ,if it would be,i couldn't use windows XP at all,isnt' it ?
    I have no idea what's wrong with this program.
    Everything it's working brilliant,except A.T.I.
    What about a bootable backup CD /DVD ? Is that possible? I never tried before.
    If you can explain how to do that,i would really appreciate.
    Thanks in advance.

4. seekforever

What happens when you boot the PC from the TI CD?

Do you get a chance to enter any data into the TI program or does it fail before loading the TI program?

If you can get this far in the process, try entering the command in II in this post:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

5. jintax

jintax Registered Member

I uninstalled and got the TI 2009 again.
    I couldn't believe my eyes but it's worked.
    I made a backup image of my OS partition ( C ) and i put it in D (second partition)
    I made i test just to see what happent if i wanna recovery the backup image.
    It was GREAT. I'm really happy now.
    But after 30-40 minutes,i said i try again,with a new backup image,but now there is another problem : I CAN'T CREATE A IMAGE ANYMORE.
    In "TASK AND EVENT LOG" i have as IDLE "my computer backup"
    I don't know why,but when i press right click on it and START,nothing happent.
    What am i doing wrong? I don't wanna have any scheduler options,i make the bakcups / recoverys whenever i want.
    Can you tell me step by step what do i have to do,to disable the scheduler functions / options ?
    Thanks a lot.

6. seekforever

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you dont' want to pay for the TI 2009 upgrade, just keep the 2009 Rescue CD. Uninstall TI 2009 and reinstall TI 11.

Use TI 11 for making backups, and use the TI 2009 Rescue CD for restoring the TI 11 backups.

The problem is that your new motherboard is so new that the TI 11 Rescue CD doesn't have the required drivers. Fortunately, TI 2009 has what you need.

8. jintax

jintax Registered Member

Great. I made a bootable rescue CD.
    Just brilliant. I uninstalled TI 2009,and reinstalled Acronis TI 11 ,and with the bootable rescue i recovered the backup image.
    I just wonder if they will improve some drivers for my motherboard ( Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 ) in the future.
    But until then,i'm gonna use the bootable CD.
    Thanks a lot for your help,good luck to everyone.

9. jintax

jintax Registered Member

Nobody knows about the drivers in X58 chipsets new motherboards?
    Will they improve some drivers for the new generation motherboards,in Acronis True Image 11 ?

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

jintax, Acronis True Image 11 Home is not developed any more. Please let me know your license number via PM, I will provide you with the latest version of the ISO file for Acronis True Image 11 Rescue Media. If this doesn't help, you can upgrade your version to Acronis True Image Home 2009, or you can use the workaround provided by John.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.