I am brand new to nod32 and have some noob questions :)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by espeed, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. espeed

espeed Registered Member

Hello, I have switched from zone alarm to nod32 and have some questions.

How does amon affect gaming? I understand amon scans every single file that is accessed, so am i right in assuming that it will constantly scan game files as im playing them therefore slowing the game down??

There doesnt seem to be much in the way of firewall features or im just not seeing it. Where do I go to give network clearance to ip addresses? or block an application from accessing the internet if i need to?

sorry, ive had the software for less than a day.....

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

nod32 is an antivirus solution, not a firewall solution so it will not block ips or applications from accessing the internet. You need another application to do that.

Alphalutra1

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello and dont worry we are here to help.

nod32 is know to be great for gaming because its scanning is fast and wont interfere with your great game.

it doesnt have a firewall so you could use say zonealarm free,comodo or something else hope this helps.

lodore

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Welcome to Wilders :thumb:

NOD32 is famous with the fact that it is one of the fastest antivirus solutions on the market so unlikely some other products NOD will not slow down your gaming although it scan all files by default and although it protects against all kind of threats

:thumb:

Since you are new to NOD32 , you can read the sticky posts here to have more information about NOD

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2006
  5. espeed

espeed Registered Member

hey thanks for the quick replies. I have moved away from zone alarm for the reasons that it was very intrusive, can you guys recommend a software firewall which is very user friendly and works well with nod32 (no conflicts)...thanks.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I my self use Windows Firewall , the built-in firewall into every Windows XP

What is your Operating system ?

7. espeed

espeed Registered Member

ive always been a little iffy bout xp firewall but i guess i could use it if there are no other recommendations....

another question - Am i at risk by only having nod32 with all modules active and no additional protection like firewall software active.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , you are at huge risk .

From what you write I guess you have Windows XP . I strongly advise you to immediately enable the built-in firewall until you find the desired one . Windows Firewall or ICF will close the whole which you now have by not using firewall .

NOD32 doesn't include any firewall protection

:thumb:

9. espeed

espeed Registered Member

yeah i thought as much, thanks very much for the quick replies at this board, service here is outstanding :)

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I currently use Look n Stop available here at Wilders.

Cheers :D

11. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Nod32 works with the Windows XP Firewall.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2006
  12. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Why not try a router?

13. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I too use LnS. It's fantastic. If you do want to use it, make sure you get Phantom's ruleset.

14. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Is there a certain game with which you were concerned about compatibility or performance issues?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

15. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

If you tick 'Optimize scanning' AMON will only scan files once (unless they have changed or NOD32 has been updated). So there shouldn't be any problems at all with any game, I haven't experienced any problems myself and I play loads of demos & other stuff ;)

16. HankPiano

HankPiano Registered Member

Together with NOD32 I used to work with Sygate. Because this firewall was swallowed by Symantec and any development of the product was therefore finished I installed the free version of Sunbelt Kerio. Good, easy to use but rather heavy (not as bad as Comodo, but still....) So, some time ago I turned to Agnitum Outpost, free version as well, and so far I'm quite content with it: it 's light (a good combination with NOD32) and apart from that userfriendly and reliable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.