I Am A Noob: Is ESET Righg For Me?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MrGump, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

To All,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this post and hopefully giving your opinion.

Secondly, here is a little background about me and my internet habits:

I was originally a Symantec user for several years. About a year and a half ago I decided to go with Kaspersky because it was recommended to me by a person I believe to be pretty knowledgeable. A few days ago my Kaspersky license expired and I felt compelled to see what other security software was available. I had heard of NOD32 in the past and a friend told me they currently use it and love it. He also told me it's security software for the "real user" haha :D . I decided to do some research and I found that ESET Smart Security 4 beat Kaspersky in many important tests. I assume these statistics are correct because I do not even know where to get the actual test results anyway. But I assume they are factual and I have decided to download Smart Security 4 and try the 30 day evaluation.

I do not consider myself a risky user. I do download things from UseNet occasionally but overall my computer use is pretty low key. I use well known programs and I do not visit websites that are for "hackers" and stuff like that.

My question to you all:

I am a computer noob in the sense that I don't know much about setting up security software right out of the box. Is ESET software not good for a novice user like me? Is ESET meant to be used by a person like me?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and leaving your response! :D :argh:

2. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

ouch... don't all rush at once haha :rolleyes:

3. stackz

stackz Registered Member

If previously you've used Symantec and Kaspersky products then I can see no reason, given your experience, why you'd find it any more difficult to come to grips with ESS.

The default settings are generally suitable for most 'NOOB' users ;) . Any problems with configuration ...then just ask here. :)

4. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

thank you

5. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

Actually,me put all a setting into default in my ESS4 coz dunno how to configuration it.It is my PC still can be protect,safe from virus with default setting?

6. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

can you do me a favor and please make a separate thread for your question. this is kind of my thread lol :p

thanks dude

7. smalar

smalar Registered Member

why? It is exactly the same topic!

8. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

well i consider my topic to be a bit more general than your specific question regarding default settings. So i don't really think it is the same topic.

regardless, if you don't mind dude, i would prefer you just not ask in my thread. starting a thread does not cost any money or anything so why not just do me the favor and not ask in here.

if you don't mind dude

9. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

OKOK sry ya dude i just ask a question only and your problem already been solve so i just borrow your topic to ask,if u mind nvm:thumb: Just nid always be :)

10. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

no problem brother. take care :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.