I am a New Member With a Problem?

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by mariaangelozzii, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariaangelozzii

mariaangelozzii Registered Member

Hello,

I'm new here, so please bare with me, not sure if I am in the right area or not, to ask for help?

I downloaded the returnil 2010 free version, and was using it for a bit, then it seemed it was conflicting with other software I had downloaded.

I went to try and uninstall returnil and it wouldn't allow me, so in turn I went into my program files and deleted everything in the folder, well that was a stupid idea, because apparently, it needed to be turned off first, which I wasn't aware it was still running, when I deleted the content in the folder, needless to say, I have ONE BIG MESS!

I am getting an error message telling me, the System Protection (Virtulization) needs to be turned off before uninstalling, well there is nothing to turn off since I deleted everything out of program files, but apparently, the most important part needs to still be deleted and I don't know how to get to it now, being that I deleted everything in the returnil folder. :(

Please help because now, nothing is saving, my downloads are all screwed up and I can't delete anything.

If someone can help me out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,

Maria Angelozzi
    mariaangelozzi1[AT]gmail[DOT]com

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Hello Maria

I am getting an error message telling me, the System Protection (Virtulization) needs to be turned off before uninstalling

Have you tried booting to safe mode and uninstalling from there?

philby

3. culla

culla Registered Member

reinstall it turn it off then uninstall

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello mariaangelozzii and welcome to the forums :)

No mess for doing this as these changes would be gone with a restart. IOW, when you restarted your computer, all files you deleted on the system partition would be restored.

If you have not restarted your computer, please do so now to restore the files you tried to delete. Once the system is restarted, Log into your account and open the RVS program and deactivate System Safe. Once deactivated, restart your computer and the virtualization will be turned off.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.