Human confirmation for pgaccount.exe

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Kokoban, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kokoban

Kokoban Registered Member

When launching new process not in the guard list, pgaccount.exe shows window with choise: allow or deny launching this process.

How can I do human confirmation for doing choise in this window? But not for closing this window!

Holding INS-key and click on the OK-button don't work and additionally it appends WM_DESTROY message handling which is not desireble.

Thank a lot!

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hello Kokoban,

Welcome to Wilders. To decide "allow or deny" when PG asks, if your installing from a reputable vendor, then I would "allow." If I'm not installing something I would choose "deny." If I chose "deny" & I was expecting something to happen, and it didn't, then do it again & "permit." If your in doubt wait on your decision (allow/permit) & google the name of the file PG wants you make a decision about.

Good Luck & Take Care
    rico

3. Kokoban

Thanks Rico!

But I mean following:

'Human confirmation' is PG technique that is used in Secure Message Handling.

When you are about closing a program the WM_DESTROY Windows message is sent. PG hooks WM_DESTROY and pgaccount.exe shows the 'Human Confirmation Required' window with a picture, and asks to enter the data on that picture to confirm the choise.

I want to confirm my choise when I push 'Allow'-button.
    Because any application can emulate pushing 'Allow'-button.

Just ticking 'Secure Message Handling' box in PROTECTION tab of pgaccount.exe is not desirable, because then I need to confirm WM_DESTROY message. And I want to confirm ONLY WM_BUTTON message when I push 'Allow'-button.

Also confirmation of WM_DESTROY message of pgaccount.exe is not desirable because when you choose 'Cancel' in the 'Human Confirmation Required' window the system may freeze!

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Kokoban,

I really don't have a clue, on this matter, how to assist, other than email DiamondCS tech. support.

Good Luck
    rico

5. Kokoban

Ok thanks anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.