Huge security hole in Eset's Licensing!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by berryracer, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I need a moderator to contact me immediately so I can show you how easily one could get people's username / password and use their licenses on the Eset page!!

I am shocked that an Antivirus company can make it very easily for people to steal usernames / passwords!

Thank god I didn't renew my license!

Once I am contacted I will show you how easily you can steal anyone's username / password so you can pass it on to the concerned department!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found a very easy way to steal someone's Eset license directly from the Eset site,

Pls inform Eset that I am ready to show them exactly how to replicate this security whole which allows anyone to view someone else's password if they know his email

I expect to receive a 2 year license for ESS valid to be installed on 3 PCs if I prove to Eset how an ESS license can be stolen and an easy fix to this security hole

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

And if they refuse to give you a free License will you refuse to help?. DHYB on the free license.:cautious:

3. berryracer

well I am doing them a HUGE favor because if you see how easy it is to grab someone else's license your jaw will drop in awe if you see that a big security company such as ESET makes it very easy for others to steal their customers' licenses

I have nothing to lose, I am doing a favor to ESET and I expect a small reward. Asking for 1 license is worthless if you look at the glitch I have accidentally found

Also, I have been using Eset's products since 8 years and paying them annually this is the least I deserve I think

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Well if its as you say,then thats not good at all and probably should be a private matter.Perhaps a PM of one of the Eset support staff at wilders.

5. berryracer

yes exactly, I am waiting for a PM for someone from the mods to discuss this :)

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can PM me if you're able to prove how to get a "victim's" license details without having access to the user's computer/network.

7. berryracer

Hi, I have sent you a PM

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

well im for sure interested though i highly doubt eset would have a exploit like this not defending them or anything but this kind of stuff normally has a ton of time put in and yes i know many av's have exploits. but im for sure interested to see what comes of this.

9. berryracer

I just sent the proof to the mod and he verified it, NEVER say never ;)

10. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

You seem like you have discovered moon. It is a well known fact, the temporary trial licenses (30 days) for ESET are available as warez. It is their policy.......

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  11. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

which is what i was thinking^^

12. berryracer

what the heck are you talking about? What trial license? I am talking about a breach that could allow ppl to steal others' full and valid licenses

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  13. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

Yeah but without the victims registered e-mail address there is no risk , or if there is then that would be a concern im sure

14. berryracer

It is still a risk, I know a few people's email addresses that I was able to get their licenses, for testing of the security hole only I didn't misuse this

It's been fixed now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.