Huge RVSYSTEM.CCH

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Edwin024, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Hi,

Today I installed Returnil 2010 on my Ultimate64 Win7. To my horror I see that the directory of Returnil in my C drive uses no less than 220GB. I have no idea what this file does but it is a showstopper. 220GB is almost half of my entire Harddrive!

What can this be and what can do about it, else than deleting Returnil?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Edwin024,

When virtualization is active, the default virtualized system cache is set for 50% of the system volume free space. Note, this is space transiently allocated during virtualization only. Naturally, if you run virtualized continually, that's a moot nicety.

To adjust it, bring up the main program window, select Preferences, and then the System Safe tab. Adjust the slider shown as desired (it's expressed as % of system volume free space).

Blue

3. Edwin024

The slider is at ten percent and still 220GB... My total harddrive partition is 465GB so it makes no sense... It should be no more than 47 GB.

And then another question: how to exclude certain programs (MSE, Comodo, Thunderbird, to name three) from the delete all when Returnil is on in the right way?

4. BlueZannetti

Did you execute a system restart? How do you normally use RVS? Always on?
    Main Program window>Tools>File Manager. Note: read the RVS Help system. As stated there:
    Blue

5. Edwin024

I did restart the system... Now already twice, and still 220GB, with the slider on 10 percent.

Thanks for the exclusion info! But what a work this will be for, for instance, Thunderbird... All the files in Program files and under Apps in Roaming...

6. BlueZannetti

Just guessing here - if you have RVS set to start virtualized all the time, deselect that option (main program window), restart, and then go back to your normal configuration. My gut says it shouldn't matter, but it may.
    yea...., there's a clear tradeoff here, particularly with applications that salt the HDD with files in a bunch of different places. On the other hand, you really only need to manage the files that change on a regular basis.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.