https:*.0.0.0.0 in trusted sites

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Logan5, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Hello,

I read the posts on this at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,3123774~root=security,1~mode=flat but am still confused on the issue.

I have *.0.0.0.0 in my trusted site, I deleted it once but it came back.  I just recently added a host file and AdShield to my system (the host file is one that is mentioned in an AdShield post).

So it this something to worry about or can it stay there?

Thanks
    Logan

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Logan,

I repaired the link you posted; hope you didn't mind  ;)

3. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

FanJ,

No not at all :)

Thanks
    Logan

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Logan,

I'm afraid I cannot help you much with this issue  :oops:
    Did you try to get rid of it the way that was posted in that thread at the DSLR-forum?
    I hope someone else will jump in.

5. snowman

snowman Guest

am not a computer wiz.....but the thought came to me that this may work....

IE will allow a url to be in only one zone....

boot to safe mode.....delete that url from the trusted zone and immediately put it in the restricted zone......type it the same way its shown in the trusted zone.

once its in the restricted zone IE may not allow it to re-enter the trusted zone.

snowman

6. snowman

snowman Guest

was just checking my "zones" because I recalled that for some reason I had put that url in the restricted zone months ago..........an sure enough I had.....an its typed just as listed by Logan......*0.0.0.0     so there must have been a particular reason I typed it that way........just can't remember what it was.......

snowman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.