How would it work?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 357mag, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 357mag

357mag Registered Member

I'm thinking about trying Acronis True Image 8.0 but kind of not sure yet. I'm trying to get a feel for how the program works. I have an 80 GB hard disk divided into two partitions, C and D. C has data on it, D is totally blank. If I tell True Image to clone my C partition, and later when I click Restore will it in fact successfully restore the image to my C partition only? Or is it going to do something to my D partition like deleting it or causing it to disappear? This is the problem I had with Ghost 2003.

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

No :eek:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 357mag,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

First of all, you cannot clone your partition to another partition. You can clone only the whole entire hard disk drive to another hard disk drive.

Regarding your setup I recommend you to create an image of your C: partition to your D: partition. After that you will be able to restore this image to your C: partition and roll your C: partition back to the state it was at the time the image was created.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.