How uninstall completely Acronis True Image 2009 Trial???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cbsgrillo, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbsgrillo

cbsgrillo Registered Member

I tried a trial version of True Image 2009 and I liked. So I bought a licence from Acronis site to a full version.
    Before installing the full version I tried to uninstall the trial version but can not in any way.
    And when I open the setup to try install the full version do not appear the "INSTALL" option - only appear the REPAIR, MODIFY and UNINSTALL, but none works.
    I deleted almost all entries in REGISTER with ACRONIS and TRUE IMAGE, deleted folders and files in Program Files, shortcuts, etc... but not works.

So, what can I do uninstall completely the trial version and to install the full version??

Thanks for any help.
    Carlos Sgrilllo, typing from Brazil

2. cbsgrillo

I tried many options and the last option was restore the system for a date before install True Image Home 2009 - and the problem was solved.

But now I have other one - the setup do not accept my serial number sent to me togheter with the e.mail for purchase confirmation from Acronis.

What can I do??

Thanks

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

If you can get to the spot where the serial number is input then there is a good chance you are typing it wrong. Try copyinig from the email and paste it into Notepad so you can read it better. Otherwise,

Vist the Acronis site and register your serial number. Then download the version listed under your serial number update. Your problem might relate to the copy you are trying to install is a trial version and the time has expired.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/updates/

4. cbsgrillo

Hi GroverH...thanks for try help me...
    I downloaded the setup file from link indicated in purchase confirmation e.mail from Acronis. So I run the setup, copy and paste the serial number from e.mail, but setup stop with message fo wrong serial number...I typed correctly de the key..I don't know what can I do more...thanks again for your help

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

This may not apply but I deduce that you have a previous version of TI and that you may have bought V 2009 as an upgrade?

If that is so you need serial numbers input for the old and the upgrade. I cannot recall which number has to be input first.

Xpilot

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

cbsgrillo,

To resolve the issue please do the following:

Please make sure that there is no another Acronis software at your system. If there is any, please temporally uninstall it. After that:

- Open Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit).

- Find the following branch:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis

Make right-click on it and select Delete. Reboot the computer. Try to install the program from the scratch. Also, you can try to install the program as a trial version and activate it by entering the license.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. cbsgrillo

Dear all - thanks everybody for try help me.
    My problem is resolved now and True Image Home 2009 is full installed and working fine.
    I say thanks for fantastic after sales support from Acronis Support Center, localized in India.
    Was necessary more than 6 or 7 e.mails and my serial key was changed two times for Acronis Support.
    Also was necessary use Acronis CleanUp and Windows Install CleanUp to remove completely the trial version and, after that, install again the full version with the new serial key.

But now is all right, and Acronis True Image Home is a great and simple software, much better than Norton Ghost.

Regards.
    Carlos Sgrillo, from Brazil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.