How to uninstall build 2302?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zogger, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zogger

zogger Registered Member

I have downloaded build 3633 but when I attempted to uninstall build 2302 it is not in the Add/Remove programs list but it is on my system and works. I tried using Windows Installation Cleanup utility and Acronis didn't appear on that list either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm assuming that a manual uninstall will be required involving deleting a number of registry keys, etc. which I'd rather not do if anyone has a more elegant solution. Thanks!

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello zogger,

I would try a straightforward re-installation of Build 2302 (might be worth temporarily disabling any real-time protection program first e.g. Zone Alarm Security Suite, Microsoft AntiSpyware or Norton Internet Security Suite) and then see if it appears under Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs applet.

Regards

P.S.

Just sighted your post in another thread that stated you had already tried to install Build 3633 over the top of 2302. This may well have complicated matters so, if you can, uninstall Build 3633 via the Add or Remove Programs applet and then follow the advice above.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zogger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please follow Menorcaman's advice and try re-installing build 2302. If you have already tried to install build 3633 over the top of 2302 then please uninstall it first.

If that does not help and you still can not uninstall build 2302 neither via 'Add or Remove Programs' nor using Windows Installer CleanUp Utility then please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the '.NFO' file collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. zogger

zogger Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I no longer have build 2302 and it's not on the Acronis website. Can you provide a link?

Thanks!

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zogger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please submit a request for technical support in order to get build 2302. Provide the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. Please also provide the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.)

We will do our best in order to resolve the problem under consideration as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. zogger

zogger Registered Member

I spent the better part of a week doing just that with your colleague Artem Khalitov and all I got was a rather lengthy set of instructions about how to manually remove the registry entries where simply re-installing the older build would have been a much easier solution. I will send another message asking specifically for 2302.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.