How to turn off ESET Smart Security?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by GunnerInc, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunnerInc

GunnerInc Registered Member

I am trying to download/get all files from a website archive. Since ESET is blocking just about every file I try to download; I have disabled firewall, real time file system protection, web access protection and anything else I can find but ESET still blocks the downloads. It is REALLY annoying. Using ESET Smart Security 5.0.94.0, how do I allow these downloads?
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. GunnerInc

GunnerInc Registered Member

Tried that and it still blocks files. I am positive the files are safe. I chose ESET because of the small amount of false positives with programs written in Assembly. I have been writing in Assembly for over 10 years and most other AV's have way too many false positives granted even with ESET I have to ignore some of my programs. But this is just plain ole annoying not being able to download something I know is safe. Many of the files I am trying to download do not contain a resource section or manifest and some are 16bit which use interrupts.
  4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Did you try to download them into a folder that you have excluded from scanning in Eset?
  5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

have you reported the files /website to eset to get the fp solved?
    what are the detection names?
  6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Disabling web access protection as well as real-time protection should make it possible to download even malware. Anyways, I wonder how the files you're downloading are detected, perhaps posting the appropriate records from your threat log would shed more light.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.