How to turn off automatic updates in iWiSoft Free Video Converter?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Does anyone know how to stop a program from automatically launching the web browser to check for updates when it opens. iWiSoft Free Video Converter does this and it's driving me nuts. According to their website, this was removed in version 1.2 but it still does it. Some people at Gizmo's Freeware have also reported that this is the case. I've tried everything from selectively removing .dll files I thought might be causing it, removed the Update.exe & update.urs files, searched through the application itself with Resouce Hacker, and checked for registry entries all to no avail. I've tried other converters but nothing compares as far as small size and features. I love iWiSoft, but there's got to be a way to turn off that annoying updater. o_O

2. jnthn

jnthn Registered Member

I rememer using that program maybe a year ago and sadly couldn't figure out how to disable that version from launching their url (maybe to gain page visits?). The previous version before the one that lauched the browser was easier to disable from phoning home with the use of a firewall.

You could try other free video converters like Freemake and AVC. I personally use Video to Video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.