How to temporarily disable NOD32?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by hy_tek, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hy_tek

hy_tek Registered Member

At times when installing new software it may be necessary to disable NOD32 so as not to interfere with the installation. Is there a simple yet temporary way to disable it without losing settings. I cannot find a single control for such an action.

For instance I was trying to do a Microsoft Office XP update and was unable to do so successfully. I wanted to see if NOD32 was interfering by temporarily disabling it during the update.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You could "quit" IMON, but I am yet to see a single time where it has been necessary for me to do this in relation to installing any software with NOD32 present.

Cheers :D

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Usually it means to disable any resident protection you might be running. For NOD32 it's AMON that can be temporarily disabled by unticking the appropriate check-box in the AMON panel. However, you hardly ever come into a situation when leaving it enabled would cause a problem. Note that with disabling AMON you always expose your computer at risk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.