How to stop LAN Traffic?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by alabala, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alabala

alabala Registered Member

Hi everybody,

I've been using Look'n'Stop for more than 1 year without any problems and now I encountered a problem I could not solve.

Does somebody know how to stop all traffic from the router to the PC by using Look'n'Stop? There is a "Stop button" in many other firewalls but I could not find anything similar in Look'n'Stop :( .

I will appreciate your help.

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Just duplicate the "All packets" rule (which is at the bottom of the ruleset) and put the dupplicate rule on top of the list. Remove the ! for this new rule (if you don't want alerts in the log).

Doing that, the START/STOP button is the green checkbox on the left of the new rule.

Regards,

Frederic

3. alabala

Thanks alot for the suggestion.

Something is wrong maybe with my firewall because this action doesn't stop the traffic. Do I need to change anything else besides saving the new changes?

Thank you in advance.

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi alabala

I've seen alot of requests in the past for a feature like this, where you simply right click on Look 'n' Stop systray icon and select "Block ALL".

At the moment to achieve you must follow Frederic's instructions precisely.

- Take the bottom rule labelled "Block : All other packets", select and right click on that rule, goto "Duplicate", now select the new one and right click and goto "Cut", now goto the very top of the rule-set and select the very TOP rule and right click and goto "Paste above". Now click on "Apply" and then "Save" buttons.

To disable BLOCK-ALL, disable that top rule and apply. :)

5. alabala

Thank you guys, both of you - Frederic and Phant0m,

This time I followed the instructions precisely and everything went just great.

Thanks again! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.