How to set Vcore if not in BIOS?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Send_Derek, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Send_Derek

Send_Derek Registered Member

I'm having the hardest time figuring this out and I really need help so that I can bring down the heat on my CPU (right now it's running at 62C).

The info is here:

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    MSI K7N2GM-V Motherboard
    Antec Aria 300W; +12V @ 18A; +5V @ 26A; 3.3V @ 27A
    ATI Radeon 9600 All In Wonder
    AMD Athlon XP "Barton" 3200+
    Corsair ValueSelect 512MB DDR400(PC3200)
    W.D. Raptor 10,000RPM SATA
    NEC IDE DVD Burner
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

In short, the CPU is supposed to be running at 1.65V Vcore, but it's actually running at 1.75V according to CPUCOOL and PCAlert4.

PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do. There is NO settings what-so-ever to change the vcore in the BIOS so that's not going to be a solution for me unfortunatly. I was hoping that there might be some software that will adjust it.

HELP!!!

2. GForce

GForce Guest

Hi Send Derek,

I know of this item only through browsing, nothing more.
    I can't say with any certainty as to it's effectiveness nor if you'll be able to utilize it to meet you're needs.
    If you're interested, find it here. It's FREE. :cool:

GF

3. Clowny

Clowny Registered Member

Hello,

Maybe nTune from nvidia can help? I have a nf7-s board so I never messed around with this app.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility.html

Nforcershq MSI forum might have what you're looking for.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  5. Send_Derek

Send_Derek Registered Member

@Gforce: That's funny that you posted that link! I just downloaded it before I saw your post! There's nothing in there to tweak the Vcore though unfortunatly. It will tell you what your vcore is, but you can't change it.

@Clowny: Thanks so much for all the very helpfull programs! I hope to download them and try them out ASAP. I'm going to post something over on those forums also to see if I can get any answers.

@nick: I'm going to give that one a shot for sure. It looks pretty easy to use. Have you been able to adjust the vcore by using that program? Also, I'll post something over at those forums too!

@Spanner: Awesome! Thanks for your expertise! But, i'm still kinda confused. Should I be worried that it's running at 1.75? Or should I embrase that and leave it there so that it's getting all of the power it needs plus some? I've peaked in the manual several times and I've looked around at the hardware and BIOS a lot and I havn't seen anything to adjust that! I really think I need to take the temp down some. It's running at about 63C idle and 69C load. But, if that's safe for an AMD barton, then I'll just not worry about it.

6. Clowny

Clowny Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.