how to set up backup server for last 7 days backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mathayus, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathayus

mathayus Registered Member

I'm making backup using backup server in a location on the HD, what parameters shall i set to have the last 7 days? Is it "Maximum storage period" ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mathayus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

The parameter "Maximum storage period" determines for how long the backups will be kept on Acronis Backup Server. So, if you set it to 7 days, you will have the backups created in last 7 days.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. mathayus

It doesn't work... I set maximum storage period to 2, but everyday i have a new incremental backup and it goes no and on... And when the consolidation will consolidate? After how many days if i set 2? I created this backup as a scheduled one pointing to backup server, where am i wrong? Why consolidation doesn't start?

4. Acronis Support

Hello mathayus,

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please don't forget to update all installed components, and recreate backup locations and tasks.

Please notice that you need to schedule automatic consolidation and backup management. Please see chapter "Managing backup server" of the respective User's Guide for detailed instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. mathayus

I downloaded Echo enterprise to have the max stable program, so i began the test of the 2 days backup. Same problem: it make the first full the first day, starting again the same day (manually) i get another incremental backup and it's all ok. The second day i get another incremenatal and again i start it manually to do another invremental, and it's ok. THIRD DAY, well now i think if i start the back up i have another incremental, but CONSOLIDATION will delete backup up of the first day, so i will have always the last 2 days... Not so, because the THIRD DAY i get another incremental and consolidation doesn't start. When this consolidation have to starto_O

I red user's guide "manage backup server", they write:

"Please take note of the fact that checking limitations has no sense if you have not changed at least one of the preset Unlimited values for quotas/time limits. The actual number of backups created in a backup location can exceed the Maximum number of backups by one. This enables the program to detect the fact of exceeding and start consolidation. Backup to the full location will be prohibited until the consolidation takes place"

What does it mean? That consolidation must start automatically, i have to schedule it only if i change quotas/limits parameters.

I still don't understand where is the concept about backup server. Someone can help me? Thanks!

6. mathayus

No one has an answer?

7. Acronis Support

Hello mathayus,

Please notice that the consolidation task has to be scheduled in order for consolidation to occur.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. mathayus

Ok thanks, however even if i schedule consolidation over a 7 days "maximum period" and i have, for exaple, backup of last 10 days, nothing happens when a scheduled consolidation starts.... At the end of consolidation i still have last 10 days. My personal conclusion, for now, is that "maximum period" doesn't work.

9. Acronis Support

Hello mathayus,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure there is enough free space available on Acronis Backup Server. For consolidation process to succeed there needs to be same or more amount of free space as the oldest full backups and the next oldest incremental/differential one would take.

If the issue persists, please collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post on the computer where Acronis Backup Server is installed.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.