How to set kaspersky 4.5 auto-update when dial up 56kb modem being made?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by slfan, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slfan

slfan Registered Member

Oct 25, 2005
    I am on 56kb modem dial-up connection, kaspersky Personal without control center on winxp sp2. How to set kaspesky 4.5 to update database automatically and silently when I connect 56kb modem dial-up? I know nod32 could do that , whenever I connect 56kb dial-up, nod32 will detect an internet connection is being made and will update automatically and silently, so the user don't ever notice the existence of the update process? So, I would like this happen with kaspersky 4.5 updater?

I have browsered through the useful following info link

All i could get is either using window schedule task function,
    but window schedule task function is only be able to set update during " log on", "system start up", or "certain period of time of the day", this is not what i wanted, there is no selection for update kaspersky during 56kb dial-up connection being connected...

I don't want to install kaspersky 4.5 control center module, so is there a way to set kaspersky updater to update silently and automatically when 56kb dial-up is being made and being detected by kaspesky 4.5 updater?

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Jan 2, 2005
    The land of no identity :D
    I always used manual updates with KAV 4.0.....never used KAV after 4.0 :doubt:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.