How to run NOD32 via command line?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by porty, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porty

porty Registered Member

How does one run NOD's various functions via command line?
    TX

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. porty

porty Registered Member

Thanks for the links. However, they don't quite cover the area I was interested in.

Every now and then, a customer, running a trial version of NOD, asks if it's possible for the update (which can't be scheduled in the normal way) to be done via MSTask, or some other scheduler.

So, more to satisfy my own curiousity than anything else, I started to wonder just how you COULD do this. I guessed that you'd need to know the operative exe, plus the necessary switches.

This might be something like:
    (carry out) c:\program files\nod32\nodupdate /whatever /whatever

Having had a look at ny own NOD files, it doesn't look to me that it's possible. However, I just thought I'd ask the question.

Cheers.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Blackspear is a reseller. He will have an answer for you.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Sorry, on this one I have no idea, Nod32 by default attempts an update upon first connection to the internet, then by default it attempts an update every hour thereafter. I can't see the point, am I missing something?

Cheers :D

6. porty

porty Registered Member

The point is, the trial version needs to be updated manually. At least that's what I understand from my customers - I use the full version, so I can't check this.

And because it's a trial version, the users can't enter a name and serial. So it won't update automatically.

Hence my largely hypothetical question - can it be done via a command line?

7. Blackspear

As a Reseller you are given a “Monthly Evaluation Key”, you are allowed to give this out to clients to evaluate Nod32 (full version). We do not do this (though we could), we sell Nod32 and install the full version for the client for a small fee, we then place the Eval Key in so Nod32 updates until the clients UN and PW are sent to us. In selling over 500+ copies of Nod32 we have only ever had 3 clients want to install Nod32 themselves…

I have never used the Trial version, however this does not sound right at all, as far as I have been told by Marcos an Eset Moderator and employee, the Trial version is a “Fully functional” equivalent of Nod32, the ONLY difference is that it will not update the engine should a PCU become available during the trial period…

Hope this helps…

Last edited: Sep 18, 2004
  8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The only difference between the trial and full version is that the trial version does not support incremental updates of the virus signature database as well as program component updates and update stops working after 30 days. It can be updated automatically via the NOD32 scheduler the same way as the full version.

9. Blackspear

Marcos, this is set by default, like the full version, to update as described above (on connection and then every hour)?

10. pollux

pollux Registered Member

Well, I'm certainly not Marcos, but I can tell you from experience that by default the trial is scheduled to update just like the full version. This was true for the version 2 trial I used for a while as well as for the beta trial.

pollux

11. Blackspear

Thank you Pollux, it was as I thought...

12. porty

porty Registered Member

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query.

You've answered my question - obviously the program can't be updated via a command line and\or task scheduler, which was all that I was curious about.

Cheers.

13. Blackspear

It has a standard Task Schedule to automatically update upon Internet connection, and to automatically attempt a update every hour thereafter. As well it can be updated manually, all the above are set by default, the same as the commercial version...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.