How to returned my previous Firefox settings?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Got a problem guys. Some of My Firefox extensions and themes got paralyzed and didn't responds when I tries to uninstalls it and even the themes didn't up showed when i want to used it. Even several restarts didn't work... and then after that the default Firefox themes is the one who showed up and all of my extensions were gone. System restore and ERUNT couldn't retrieve them from the previous settings where it was and I couldn't use my previous setting. :oops:

Actually, if i remember it right it happens when I installs Google Web Accelerator w/c i now have removed but still the problems was still unsolved. :'(

The only Firefox thing that was really affected was the one that I uses in the limited account on w/c I uses for surfing but the administrator account firefox browser was not affected. :doubt:

I'd like to returned to the previous settings of my firefox browser where it was very responsive and all of the extensions and themes are functional. This Firefox is the one I use in my limited account. I would also like to retrieve the things that I have save on my scrap book extension. :cautious:

Anyone knows how to solved this problem? :blink:

Are there any possibilities that it could be also as a result from some possible conflicts when I upgraded from Firefox v1.5 into v1.5.0.1?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    Start firefox in safe mode (Start > Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Safe Mode)
    Uninstall extensions and themes one by one.
    Start firefox in normal mode. Reinstall the extensions / themes.
    Mrk

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I tried it, but it didn't work. It only resets the default of Firefox but still didn't does anything to uninstall all extensions and themes. :'( So I don't have any choice but to delete my limited account and create a new account to starts fresh everything on my Firefox. :blink: :doubt: o_O

Do you have any idea, why is it that it happens that way? o_O Are there any possibilities that some firefox extension might cause this things to happens? :cautious: o_O

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    Maybe.
    Do the following:
    Uninstall Firefox completely.
    Delete Mozilla folder.
    Install everything fresh.
    Mrk

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

fyi sweater - its located in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.