How to recover data from the partition which has disappeared?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by RicardoTV, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RicardoTV

RicardoTV Registered Member

Hello
    A few days ago I installed the Windows 7 by using Paragon Partition Manager after several attempts succeeded. First, on the hard drive had 2 partitions (C: / WinXP and D: / Data), create a partition (I: /) but there to install the Win 7. With the option "Install New OS Wizard" install Win 7. Now I have Win XP and Win 7 installed on C: / and I: /, but has disappeared partition D: / where I have data, only the partition appeared without lyrics, so I put a new point, but when I click the message "It is not formatted, like Format". How do I recover data that is in the partition D: /?
    Thanks

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Ricardo,

Did you look in Windows Disk Management and see how it shows up there?

Please post a screenshot of Disk Management window, and Paragon main window - showing the DiskMap.

If the partition has been deleted, then you can use the Undelete function. Rt click the Unallocated space and select Recover Lost Partitions:

Recover-2009-11-04_204714.jpg

It will be much faster if you just search for the file system that is on there, e.g. FAT or NTFS.

Hope it helps

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

before you do any thing, make am image of your hard disk first, if you value your data.
    It's even better to try all recovery on another hard disk after cloning your drive there or restoring the image there. It all depends upon how important is your data.

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Try TestDisk.

5. RicardoTV

RicardoTV Registered Member

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Ricardo

I have reproduced your screenshots here:

DISK-2-2009-11-06_151646.jpg

DISK-2009-11-06_151437.jpg

Paragon won't give the Undelete/Recover Lost partitions option on that because it is already a partition.

You might back it up first - you need somewhere to store the backup.

Delete the unformatted partition, and then rt click the Unallocated space and run the Paragon Recover Lost Partitions.

Another undelete tool that will run on that drive - without needing to do that first - it will scan the whole drive, or any part - not just Unallocated space - is here:

See my post 4 here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=256134

and posts 11 &12 here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=256171

Hope it helps

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.