How to purge rules?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Sacles, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

How to purge rules automatically?

Hello,

It there a way to purge the rules of HIPS and firewall for software that are uninstalled?

Edited: I changed the title (I added automatically)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  2. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello Sacles,

You can delete HIPS, firewall rules manually, but you have to go advanced settings to be able to delete old HIPS/firewall rules.

Right click on the Eset icon in the system tray next to the Windows clock, in the context menu that will open, click on advanced settings.

Click on the + icon which is located before Computer, now all the subsections will be expanded. Click on HIPS, press on the configure rules button. Now you just have to select the rule that you want to delete. By left clicking on and press on the remove (delete) button.

For firewall you need to expand the Network section in the advanced settings menu, expand (personal) firewall, click on rules and zones. Click on the settings button which is located in the zone and rules editor. Now you are able to remove rules for uninstalled software.

Regards
    Niels

3. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

Yes I know it. I would have liked, it is a automatic cleaning for rules which relate to things that have been uninstalled.

Watch the rules one to one that is not very practical.

4. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello Sacles,

I understand, but there isn't an automated way. The only thing that is automated is the restore of false positives which were quarantined in the past, and are white listed through a signature update.

To be able to do that, Eset should implement a module which monitors installation of new software and the removal of new software.

You can post your idea in this topic.

Regards
    Niels

5. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

Hello,

Thank you for your clarifications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.