How to purchase v8 please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rick7, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick7

Rick7 Registered Member

I realize v9 is out, but my specific question is can I still purchase a license for v8 please?

thanks,
    Rick

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Some of the retail stores might still have v.8 on the shelves.

3. Rick7

Rick7 Registered Member

Oh I didn't think of that option and is a good idea if there are some v8's still out there - I'll take a serach for that at pricegrabber or similar. I hope so!

I was hoping there would be a link at Acronis to do it but I don't see it anywhere and support wants me to buy v9 ...but the thing is I want v8 !

4. Rick7

Rick7 Registered Member

I see the box version of v8 at a few places and it's too much money and I don't need the Box and CD anyway - I Already have the software! ..I just need a legal license key ..and I say legal because after searching I see I can get illegal license keys all over the place for free, but for heavens sake where can I buy a legal one?
    I see I can buy a downloadable v9 at NewEgg for $29 ..neat!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?DEPA=0&type=&description=acronis&Submit=ENE&Ntk=all&N=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&Go.x=22&Go.y=26
    ...I want to be able to buy v8 the same way - where can I go to pay for a legal license key for v8?

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Just a thought here. Don't know if it'd work. Acronis support could answer definitively. Would a TI v9 license key work for v8? I know keys sometimes span forward 1 version. Maybe this v9 license key will work on v8.:doubt:

6. Rick7

Rick7 Registered Member

I wonder too then, is it possilbe that if I buy the downloadable v9 - will its license work for v8?

7. dld

dld Registered Member

Rick... Read this post. If I understand what Semyonov Vasily is saying, if you purchase version 9 and are unsatisfied with it, you are entitled to version 8 if "he/she desires so". Those are his words!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zapjb and Rick7,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that you will not be able to install Acronis True Image 8.0 using Acronis True Image 9.0 serial number.

If you want to temporarily replace your copy of Acronis True Image 9.0 with version 8.0 then please do as I have suggested in this previous post of mine.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. Rick7

Rick7 Registered Member

Alexey,
    Okay I went to your link and did everything you asked, and so I will now wait for a reply from them. thank you.

edit:
    Okay the next day I did receive a reply from Support and they did accommodate me. Thank you very much! Acronis Rocks :cool:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.