How to permanently disable the Firewall ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Francois MAESEELE, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francois MAESEELE

Francois MAESEELE Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm running ESS on Windows Vista Business in an office network. So I don't need at all a firewall. The problem is that every time I reboot my machine, the Firewall reactivate itself. It would be great if we could disable it permanently and that ESS doesn't consider my machine protection as low with its red icon.

Regards
    François

2. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Why not just install Eset Nod32 Antivirus RC?

3. Francois MAESEELE

Francois MAESEELE Registered Member

Lol

That is a good question and answer as well. Is nod32 able to prevent from horses, trojan, rootkits, etc.. like ESS ? I'm licensed to Nod32 2.7, and this version doesn't. So I'm really interested in that kind of functionality, and the AntiSpam as well.

4. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

As far as the trojan horses and rootkits etc. are concerned: yes, the new version does protect you from that. If the Antispam is important, you'll need the suite.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Actually both NOD32 v2 and Eset Antivirus v3 (as well as Eset Smart Security) provide protection against trojan horses and rootkits.
    See this:
    http://www.eset.com/media/version2.htm

You cannot permanently disable the firewall because the product is BETA (a.k.a non-final) and it meant to be fully tested .

With Eset Smart Security you can use the firewall in Allowed sharing mode:

allow sharing mode.PNG

ids_allowed_services.PNG

If you still think you don't need software firewall (incoming and outgoing protection) , as suggested by Big Apple , you can freely use Eset Antivirus RC1 from www.eset.eu/download/beta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.