How to exclude jpg and mpg from imon scan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gberns, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gberns

gberns Registered Member

Is it possible to exclude jpgs and mpgs from being scanned by the http scanner in imon and, if so how? Am running the beta version (I guess obviously so or wouldn't have this question) of NOD32 under xp home.

Thanks much.

2. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Open the settings for IMON (NOD32 Control Center -> IMON -> Setup), and click the "Setup" button under "Scanner". Click the button "Extensions". The default is "Scan all files", and as stated above that: "Exclude files with the following extensions from scanning".

So, click the button "Add", and add the extensions you don't want scanned.

Best regards,
    Anders

3. gberns

gberns Registered Member

Thanks for quick reply. Should have been able to find that myself and am annoyed that I didn't.

4. gberns

gberns Registered Member

Setting it up was easy - but it didn't work. First time I went to a page with jpg's on it the imon scanner opened up and things were as before. These are large hurricane damage jpgs (I live about thirty miles from where the eye went through) and I am still waiting for the nod32 download to complete even at broadband speed.

And this was after a reboot as I installed SP2 to windows xp in the interim.

5. owziee

owziee Registered Member

From what I've heard it just looks like they're scanned but they aren't if you've excluded them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.