how to create safe version into acronis secure zone?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lysiong, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lysiong

lysiong Registered Member

how to create safe version into acronis secure zone(SATA hdd)?

I'm using ATI v10 home edition, how to I create the safe version into harddisk secure zone since the default mode for secure zone is normal version.......The reason I want to create the safe version is because normal version didn't work on my mobo :( I'm using MSI PM8M-V mobo & chipset is VIA. My hdd is SATA(250Gb), SATA controller is ViA VT8237.

I have tried the safe version using CD & it work. now I just want to create that safe version into my SATA harddisk secure zone.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  2. lysiong

after I look through the forum, it look like there is a lot of issue related to this VIA8237 chipset. look like Acronis still haven solve the issue yet, the last post i see is Sept 2006......

anybody please help me to create the safe version of acronis TI into SATA hardisk secure zone.....is very troblesome to use the CD to load. help !! help !!

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I'm not sure I understand your question. When you install True Image and launch the program, its menu will give you the choice to use the Full version or the Safe version - just like on the CD. It is up to you which one to use.

4. lysiong

thanks for reply.....
    when I boot into F11, i only can see full version & boot into windows menu....I can't see the 3rd option which is the safe version.

5. DwnNdrty

Ah ... you activated the Startup Recovery Manager .... big mistake! I've never found the need to use F11, or the SRM, in all the years I've been using TI.

6. lysiong

big mistake?? loading the TI from f11 is faster than using CD ....then how do you restore back your image? you using CD also? o_O

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  7. lysiong

is it possible to put the safe version of Acronis TI into F11 hardisk secure zone? anybody please help......

8. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Click the Product Links, FAQs & Useful Forum Threads inside my signature and check out the Acronis Secure Zone and Startup Recovery Zone link. You may find it helpful.

9. lysiong

thanks for reply, from the link you provide, it seem that using this secure zone is not safe. But I like the F11 function cause if my windows corrupted, I can very fast restore back my windows without the CD(if my MBR is ok). from the user guide, I can only see that the safe version can be burn on CD but it didn't mention about how to creating the safe version of Acronis TI into hardisk secure zone.

10. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Perhaps Acronis Support will respond as to whether your request is possible. Maybe they have an alternate solution.

Be aware that if your only archive resides on the same hard drive (but a different partition), your secure zone backups goes bye bye should your drive fail.

11. lysiong

I 'm aware of this situation. thanks.

12. DwnNdrty

Big mistake ... because of the complications it may lead to down the road. I don't like other software messing with the MBR. This is Acronis, remember. The F11 way is probably faster than using the bootable CD, but at what price! I prefer to keep things simple when possible. I use ONLY the bootable CD to Backup, to Recover or to Clone. It works for me. :cool:

13. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I'm not sure I totally understand this discussion but the way I see it:

Yes, you can use F11 but as mentioned it modifies the MBR and I don't like that.

I always make images from within Windows with no problems with my network, AV, email and firewall running.

If I have to restore a previous image I do it from Windows which then reboots into the Linux recovery if the Windows active partition needs to be restored.

If your system is dead, you need the CD version to restore. F11 or starting the recovery in Windows isn't an option.

If your system doesn't run the Full version then put in a support ticket to Acronis and fix the real problem.

14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lysiong,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that as it was mentioned above the ability to use 'Safe' option is not available for Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

As for the issue with full variant of the standalone version of Acronis True Image, first of all, please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. Re-create Bootable CD using the latest build. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If you already using the latest build and the issue persists, please boot you computer from Bootable CD created with the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

15. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Registered Member

Hi DwnNdrty,

Please explain simply to me why you only use the Recovery CD for
    Backup, Recover or Clone.

I am going to make my first Clone using the trial version of TI 10, and it
    only allows you to Clone from within Windows, not from the Recovery CD.

What is it that people have against using Windows for these operations
    as opposed to the CD?

Secondly, does the HD you are writing to have to be a new one, and does
    TI 10 work for IDE drives?

Thank you.

16. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

Trial Version is crippled to not allow all possibilities of full version.

Bootable Rescue Media is useful when hdd is not bootable any more, and you have no way to get into windows nor F11 mode.

When you do your restore from within Windows, first of all you have to have Windows more or less functionnal, and when you restore system partition, it will reboot your computer to allow restore of system partition.

Honnestly you will see many people talking about what they "prefer", and it merely depends on your hardware support and your skills/preference.

I like Boot CD because it doesnt "touch" the MBR nor system drive to be able to run.

Hope it helped,

Jaycee

17. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Registered Member

Thanks for your reply, yes it has helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.