How to Configure for On-Demand ONLY?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by capatt, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capatt

capatt Registered Member

Hello
    This may come as sacrilege to some, but I'd like to use NOD32 EAV for on-demand scanning/cleaning only. I don't want it to load with windows or run continuously. I'll use another product for that.

Thanks!

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

why not just use there online scanner then.

3. Gerix

Gerix Registered Member

I agree with this. I want the option to load/unload NOD32 av on-demand - there is just one way, ie. uninstalling the app.

4. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

Hey Gerix, hang on - you don't have to uninstall your NOD32 due to this limitation. Follow the following 9 steps:-

1. Left click 'start'
    2. Click 'Run'
    3. Type 'MSConfig' in the open field and click 'OK'
    4. Click the 'startup' tab
    5. Uncheck 'egui'
    6. Click 'Apply' and then 'Close'
    7. Restart your system immediately when prompted to after saving all your open jobs
    8. When Windows loads up you will be prompted again by the System Configuration Tool - check the box; "Don't show this message or launch the the configuration tool when Windows restarts"
    9. Click 'OK'

Now, whenever you need to carry out an On-Demand scan, just launch NOD32 from your start--->All Programs--->ESET--->ESET NOD32 Antivirus :cool:

5. capatt

capatt Registered Member

Just one problem with that approach. The AV service continues to run in the background, right? All you're doing is stopping the UI from loading on startup, not the engine - that continues to run. If you want to install say, another AV program, this approach won't work.

6. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

It's not recommended to have 2 AV programs installed at any one given time. However, to answer your query, can you please go through the following procedure and report back:-

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.