How to clone new laptop hard drive??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cbartkiewicz, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbartkiewicz

cbartkiewicz Registered Member

I'm trying to find the easiest way to clone all of the information (op system/files/programs/etc) off my old laptop hard drive to the new one I just bought... using Acronis True Image 8.0 with Windows XP Home Op System

I have a laptop with one hard drive slot and one CDRW drive. I was hoping I could create a clone CD from the old hard drive, then insert the new hard drive and copy the info from the cd to the new hard drive. This doesn't seem possible. What am I missing? Please provide easy to understand steps for a laptop as the software's help reference does not.
    Thanks, Casey

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Casey,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that it is not possible to clone the disk to CD, only to another disk. If there is no way to plug the second drive to your laptop you may create the image of the old disk, store it to CDs (or DVDs), replace the old disk with the new one and restore the image from CDs (or DVDs).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.