How to clear the old BHO from the spywareguard 2.2.0?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Alan2, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan2

Alan2 Guest

I installed a program the spywareguard 2.2.0 detected a BHO I decided to keep it and finished the installation.
    Then I unistalled the program, deleted the BHO from the registry and cleared the log file from the spywareguard.
    When I reinstalled the same program the spywareguard couldn't detect the BHO and of course hadn't asked me about the BHO.
    I like to know how to clear the old BHO from the spywareguard 2.2.0 (so it can be detected the BHO the next time).

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Alan2,

Please follow the instructions here:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913
    Someone will be happy to helpyou analyze your log.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Alan2

Alan2 Guest

The instructions are irrelevant with the posting question. I think the question is clear.
    Installing programs the spywareguard keeps all the BHO's, I've decided to keep them. When I've unistalled these programs and reinstalled the same programs the spywareguard can't detect these BHO's. I like to know how the spywareguard can detect these BHO's.
    Thanks

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

In the current version of SpywareGuard, you should be able to reset those settings by deleting the "config.ini" file in your SpywareGuard directory - but this may also cause the program to forget some of your other customizations.

If you decide to go that route, I would recommend you double-check in the SpywareGuard interface just to make sure that all of your other settings remain the same.

I have a much more elegant method planned for a future version of the program, of course. ;)

I hope this helps,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.