how to clean a msn account from bots contact requests?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by fade011, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fade011

fade011 Registered Member

Hi

I am being attacked since time ago by worm, bot, or dont know what that keep sending me several (like 20 or 30) requests to add unknown contacts each time i start msn.

I ve been looking for info but couldnt find how to solve it.

I cant understand if im infected, or if theres one of my list contact infected that keeps sending me these annoying spams attacks or whatever, and how to detect it.

Ive been thinkin on changing my account but how can i know once i got a new one that my trusted contacts are not infected an it all will start again so...

how can detect wheres is the problem, any help or info will really be very very appreciated

i readed this thread since its similar to my problem but wasnt helpfull
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=148305

thanks in advance.... fade

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. fade011

Thanx for answering so fast Cudni,

Some friend told me (as its been sadly suggested on the link you posted) just to block any unknown usuer untill i recieve no more requests....

I blocked all requests i recieved last time i logged in, then relogged and didnt recieve new ones, so for now i guess i solved though i think by blocking i'm confirming my account is available and ready to recieve more attacks...

I can´t know how this happens couse theres no clue about this issue at "windows live solution center"... and of course their support link do not work... but thanks again and hope this help to anyone else

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

5. fade011

Thanks longboard

Did not know about this, after blocking and disabling dozens of public options i never set i´m thinking about closing my account and hopping someone drops a bomb on microsoft offices, I HATE MICROSOFT MORE AND MORE EACH DAY...

sigh... see you

6. arran

arran Registered Member

Yea they are a lot of MSN bots created by hackers going around at the moment.
    Ive had quite a few bots contacts wanting me to add them to my contact list. Just don't add them. and delete and block all randoms from your contact list. Only add people to your list that you know about.

edit. to add some more info.

always better to use a different client other than windows live messenger because most viruses are made for for windows live messenger. I use Miranda.
    as well as using Miranda I run it in Sandboxie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.