How to check for updates in ATIH 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by laneseda, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laneseda

laneseda Registered Member

Hello,

Please tell me how I can update my copy of ATIH 2009. I would like to check if I am running the latest version.

Thanks,
    Lane

2. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Welcome to the forums.

I would first check which build you are using. Do this by pressing the ALT key and then you can use the hidden menu: Help then About to see which build you have. I can recommend ATI 2009 build 9709.

I cant personally recommend build 9770 9788 9791 or 9796 yet. These are UK builds.

If you are using American German or other languages the build numbers are usually different.

Then I would go to the Acronis web site and provided you have registered your products you should see under "Registered Products and Support" details of what upgrades are available to you.

However not all upgrades are a good idea. If your curent build works then stick with it. New builds seem to add new bugs as well as new fixes.

If you have registered with the Acronis "Subscriptions" page in theory you should get an email informing you about new builds. BUT the subscriptions has now been working for several years!!! Acronis Support have promised to fix this several times over the last few months, but it still does not work and no one has ever received an email about a new build.

Finally I would read these forums for news.

3. jehosophat

4. laneseda

laneseda Registered Member

Hello Jehosophat,

Thank you for your prompt response; I am grateful for it.

I did as you explained and found the copy of ATIH 2009 I purchased is build 9646. Next I went to the Acronis site and registered the software. Having done that, I checked the site for the most recent build and found it to be 9796 released on the 24th of this month. So I thought I'd get that build (91 MB or thereabouts) and install it. So, following the instructions on the web site, I went to http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/ to download build 9796.

I'll now install the new build over the old one and try it out. Thank you, once again, for your help!

Lane

5. jehosophat

I tend to uninstall old Acronis builds first rather than install them over the top of old builds.

However I have seen postings here where both methods have worked.

Let the forum know how you get on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.