How to change vertical order of Noscript options

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

This is the weirdest post you'll ever have read.

On one of the boxes, I am testing Aurora 29 to see what Australis can do, or rather how I can disable it completely it and use the classic looks.

As it turns out, before I added all sorts of extensions that fix the looks to the classic theme, the Noscript button was located in the top right corner, and the options in the menu were set in the expected way, top to bottom: domains list, untrusted, recently blocked items, temp allow all, etc.

I moved the button to the status bar, and the options remain vertically stacked in the same order, rather than the reverse. So the bottom option is About, whereas it should be the top option with the Noscript button in the status bar.

This does not happen consistently on all test boxes with Aurora, nor did it happen for some time with this specific instance. So I am wondering if anyone has a clue how to reverse the orders to reflect the button position properly?

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

What makes you think that moving the NoScript button to the status bar at the bottom is supposed to reverse the display order of the options?

Testing the veracity of any assumptions is usually overlooked as the cause of consternations like this. Perhaps you can communicate with the author of NoScript via email and he will answer your question.

-- Tom

P.S. I have no clue how to do what you ask.

3. Mrkvonic

Because until recently, it worked like that. Switch the button position top to bottom and vicer versa, the vertical order reverses.

I posted at the NS forums, too.

Cheers,
    Mrk

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

So then, was it classified as a bug, or a change in functionality? Did you get a response from the author of NoScript?

-- Tom

5. Mrkvonic

Working on it, so let's see in a couple of days.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.