How to change email footer without being Local Administrator?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by karlak, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karlak

karlak Registered Member

Hello all,

I have an issue and I hope you can help me.

Currently I am testing the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 on my PC at work and I am running my PC as a normal user, I don't have Administrator priviliges.

The problem I having is that I would like to change the footer signature whe I am sending an email from Outlook, But I can't because I am not the local administrator.

I already tried the solution in this link: http://training.eset.com/kb/index.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=87
    But it is not working becasue I am not administrator.

Is there any way to change the footer of the email without being the administrator of my computer?

Thank you very much for your help!

Karla

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

User interface -> Access setup and check the "Require administrator rights" checkbox. With this setting enabled, you'll be prompted to enter administrator credentials when trying to change settings in the account of a normal user.

3. karlak

karlak Registered Member

Hi Marcos!

Thanks for your fast answer.

I am sorry if I wasn't clear. I will try to explain better what I wan to do.

I want to remove the footer message from the emails I am sending. I am the only one who is using ESET NOD32 Antivirus in all the network. I installed it by my own only in my comouter. I am trying to change the footer but I can't because I am not the administrator of my computer. I am a normal user.

I already tried the solution in this link: http://training.eset.com/kb/index.ph...s&articleid=87

But it is not working becasue I am not the administrator user on my computer.

Is there any way to change the footer of the email without being the administrator of my computer?

Thank you again.

Karla.

4. philby

philby Registered Member

Hello Karla

Have you tried unchecking the "Require administrator rights" checkbox to see if this allows you to then make the footer change (after closing / re-opening the GUI)?

This thread may shed some light...

philby

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You'd need to ask your administrator to grant you write permissions for the ESET registry key which I doubt he'll do.

6. karlak

karlak Registered Member

Hello philby!

Thank you for your answer. I tried marking and unmarking the checkbox and is still not working. But the link you gave me was really useful! I put clear some doubts.

But it is making no sense that I installed NOD32 in my computer at work without any problem and without asking the administrator for privileges. But whe I am trying to configure and personalize the product, I have to ask the admin for permission?

This is just senseless!

If somebody could apport with another possible solution, I will appreciate it.

Many thanks for all your help!

Karla.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.