How to boot from the TI Bootable CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tuckson, Dec 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuckson

tuckson Guest

The CD that comes with the retail box version of True Image 9.0 is labeled "Bootable CD" and hence is supposed to be bootable. I'd like to know how to boot the PC from this "Bootable CD". On the user's guide, I cannot find any instruction explaining how to boot the PC from the CD supplied with the retail box version.

I put the CD into the built-in internal CD drive of the PC. Then, I turned on the PC. However, the PC persistently boots into the hard drive. According to the BIOS setting for the boot order, the CD drive has a higher priority over the hard drive. Do not ask me why I want to boot the PC from the CD though the PC can boot from the hard drive.

I am not even sure whether this "Bootable CD" is really bootable. From the Windows Explorer, the only file I see on the CD is "trueimage 9.0_s_en.exe". Folder Options is configured to show hidden files and system files. I think this bootable CD is supposed to contain Linux system files and DOS system files to boot PC's. Did Acronis forget to include these system files when they burnt the CD? Or, are the Linux system files on this CD stored in a partition that the Windows Explorer cannot see?

If this CD is really bootable, I would like to know how to boot the PC from this CD.

2. Kiwi52

Kiwi52 Registered Member

If your bootable CD is faulty, you can use True Image to create a new one for you. It only takes a couple of minutes and a blank CD-R. Click the Create Bootable Media item under the Tools menu and follow the prompts.

Bummer that your included CD doesn't work, but easy to fix if you have a CD/DVD burner in your system.

HTH.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tuckson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Actually, this is a rather strange situation. Especially since the installation CD that comes with the boxed version of Acronis True Image 9.0 should be bootable.

Could you please collect the following information?

- Create new Bootable Rescue CD using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media Builder and try to boot your PC from this disc. What is the result?

- Are you able to boot your PC from any other bootable disc (e.g. Windows Installation CD)?

- Make a screen shot of Windows Explorer showing the contents of Acronis True Image 9.0 Installation CD that came with the retail box;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.