How to add ports

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ChocolateWar, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChocolateWar

ChocolateWar Registered Member

Right, im new here :D i have a problem with me ESAT smart security firewall. I am running it on windows 7.

I've been trying to connect my ipod touch to my computer by an app I have called Remote, it allows me to change the song im playing from where ever I am in the house as long as im connected to the same wifi network.

My ipod touch wouldn't connect at first but after trying various solutions which have all failed I have finally managed to get it to connect to the computer. In order for it to connect I have to totally disable the ESAT personal firewall.

After doing a bit of research i found this on http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1741

"If you have a firewall enabled on your router or computer, make sure that the firewall is not blocking communication between Remote and your iTunes or Apple TV. Remote uses TCP port 3689 and UDP port 5353 to communicate with your iTunes or Apple TV"

So i guess I have to allow them ports access to communicate with my itunes, but i have no clue on how to do it!

Could somebody please give me a step-by-step guide on how to do it :D thanks very much

Will :)

P.S sorry for all the writing :p i was trying to give you as much information as possible

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps the easiest solution would be switching the firewall to learning mode for a while until all necessary rules are created. When the learning period ends, you'll be prompted to switch to another filtering mode; choose Automatic mode with exceptions then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.