How Microsoft will let desktop apps in to the Windows Store

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Source.

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Will it handle updates?

3. guest

guest Guest

What you mean by "handle updates"?

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I mean will the store handle updating applications.

I can't remember but I thought it did for Metro apps.

5. guest

guest Guest

6. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

From http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsstore/archive/2012/05/31/windows-store-for-release-preview.aspx ...

"One important addition: desktop app listings will show up in the Store for the first time tomorrow, June 1st. Customers will be able to search for them or find them within categories, just as they do listings for Metro style apps.

These are just listings—the desktop apps themselves are distributed by the developer or by a reseller, as they have been all along. The listing pages provide a link, supplied by the developer, to the distribution location. Servicing of desktop apps remains between the developer and the customer and is not handled via the Store.

Soon, we’ll post a blog entry further explaining the certification requirements and listing process for desktop apps."

So initially at least, and for non-Microsoft desktop applications at list, it sounds as though the Microsoft store is basically just a catalog that will involve some certification requirements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.