How many processes does PG run?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Matt_Smi, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I was wondering how many separate processes PG uses to run? Also what kind of mem usage are people seeing from them? Did you notice any system slowdown with PG installed? Thanks.

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

PG runs 3 processes: DCSUserProt.exe, pgaccount.exe and procguard.exe with the total amount of ~13 megabyte RAM (2980+3080+6090Mb) in my system. No system slowdown at all. The only time I notice that PG runs on my computer is when it is asking for permition for new programs or when it blocks the stuff it is supposed to block.
    Athlon 64 3200+
    1024 RAM

3. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi Matt_Smi,

No system slowdown here on three different systems. You might look into the possibility of PG and some other app combining to slow things down.

Nick

Attached Files:

4. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Nice, thanks for the info. I am assuming that pgaccount.exe and procguard.exe get added to the startup list as well correct?

Hey Nick, Actually I don’t have PG but that may change after this weekend :D , I was just looking to get an idea of what resource usage is, at apparently it is low which is great.

5. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I've said it before, and still stand by it, that if I were forced to run one security app, it would be PG. When I built my second desktop last year, I ran it with only PG and Outpost Pro for three months with no security lapses. Of course, I can't leave well enough alone and added a few more...;). Hope PG works for you as well as it has for me.

Nick

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I will also add that ProcessGuard is still active and the protection running even when the GUI component (procguard.exe) is not running, thus reducing the overhead even further.

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.