How long would it take to install 100 computers with Virtual System Lite 2011?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by RedKeltLibrarian, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedKeltLibrarian

RedKeltLibrarian Registered Member

How long would it take to install 100 computers with Returnil's Virtual System Lite 2011?

Could a person be running installations on several computers at once, or would you need to babysit each computer?

I'm writing a paper where I need to do a budget on installing Returnil software on some Windows machines. I'm trying to figure out total labor cost.

2. jdixon2278

jdixon2278 Registered Member

This thread talks about silent installations, which could greatly speed up the process:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=244521

If you have Active Directory, this article will show you how do distributed installations from the server:

http://documentation.commvault.com/...ll/msi_with_active_directory_group_policy.htm

If done properly, you could install to all the computers in your company in very little time - maybe even in minutes. Returnil is less than 5 MB and multiply that by 100 computers, so all you would have to distribute is a few hundred megabytes over the network.

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello RedKeltLibrarian and welcome to the forums :)

In addition to jdixon2278's post, I have sent you a PM with some additional details. Please take a look and let me know how you would like to proceed and will get the wheels turning.

Kind Regards
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.