How long without going online?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Page42, Jan 19, 2014.

?

In the last year, how long have you gone without going online?

1. 12 hours

27.9%
  2. One day

20.6%
  3. Two days

10.3%
  4. Three days

1.5%
  5. Four days

1.5%
  6. Five to seven days

8.8%
  7. One to two weeks

11.8%
  8. Two weeks to one month

7.4%
  9. More than a month

4.4%
  10. Other

5.9%
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

In the last year, what is the longest period of time you have gone without getting on the internet?
    Please add comments if you wish.

2. guest

guest Guest

I think it was around 2 or 3 months in 2013. Can't exactly remember.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

When you had access available? And you opted not to go online?
    Pretty rare, I'd say... for a Wilders member.

4. guest

guest Guest

Oh sorry, it wasn't 2 months. I disappeared since around June 5th and re-appeared on around July 23rd. Well, still more than a month though, so my vote is still valid. :p

My netbook was almost dead so I needed to find a replacement, which is what I'm currently using. Then moving data and adjusting myself to Windows 8. Then decided to buy a Windows 8 Pro CD through my cousin who lives on different island and waited for the package to arrive.

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Are you talking about how log have you gone without logging into Wilders? Or how long without going online?

6. guest

guest Guest

I can't go online if my netbook was dying, can I? I couldn't even play a very low quality video at all.

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Gotcha. ;)

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Can't remember, but usually 12 hours.

9. SouthPark

SouthPark Registered Member

I'm online every day unless there's a power outage :) I think the longest I was offline this year was about 30 hours.

10. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

No more than 12 hours. Mostly because when there is a power outage then my iphone is fully charged and automatically connected to LTS.

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I get kind of jittery after a day without the internet. I know it is an addiction even though I'm not a gamer. During the winter season it is even worse because of cold weather; on the other hand I don't watch television which makes me feel somewhat less guilty when I spend too many hours on my computer.

12. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Well, I have business reasons to go online daily.
    But I can make a mental switch any time I want to.
    Mrk

13. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

About 2 weeks, only because I took a vacation. I was on a tropical island... technology was the last thing I wanted to be around.

14. Janus

Janus Registered Member

When I have vacation I have to struggle a bit with myself in the beginning for not going online. But after a couple of days I am without any symptoms, and begins to be able to be more in the moment, with my dear friends and my family. So I have a least 3 weeks every year without a mobile phone (yes it is true) and a laptop. Appendix: When I read what I have posted above, then it seems somehow sad, that the It technology is so much merged in to our daily lives that we almost can't imagine a reality without it, or we have to struggle to get out of its firm grip for a period.

15. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

When my computer was in the workshop to get fixed. I went 3 or 4 weeks without going on-line. I posted about it, at the time in the 'hardware' forum at Wilders.

16. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

A computer and internet is my work tool so it is hard to not be online. But it is the same at home to tbh. Only time when I am not online is when I have vacation and travel somewhere. It is very liberating not to know whats going on :) Since I have not had any vacation the latest year I have only been offline for a day and that was when I slept over at a friends house. (I never use online activity on my phone
    )

17. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I can relate to these statements.
    I have email notification set to play a sound, and sometimes, when I get up from the computer and walk away, at that moment email will arrive and it's as if the computer sees me leaving and calls to me from the other room... Come back, you know you want me! :D

18. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

More than a month. But it wasn't last year. It can be done and you won't die.

19. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

That is very reassuring, safeguy. But some of us are probably going to have to take your word on that. ;)

20. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

12 hours: working or in vacation one of the first thing that I do after my breakfast is to see my email and the news. And Wilders too. ;)

21. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Lol. No one has to take my word for it. Anyone can try it...at least for a few days. You might suffer symptoms of addiction. You might feel anxious or easily annoyed but things will work out eventually. Post back if you're still alive. :)

22. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

@ safeguy,
    Like some others who have posted here, I too use the net for business.
    I use email throughout the day for business, and utilize numerous websites as well. But I also spend many hours online that are not work-related.
    I rationalize the amount off time I spend connected by citing the many potentially detrimental things that I do NOT engage in. That makes me feel better about the whole situation. :)

23. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

The only time I've missed a day on line is when I go away for a few days. Otherwise I'm checking out Wilders every day starting with my morning coffee, after reading my e-mails. :cool:

24. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I would say no more than 12 hours, maybe I need to get a life lol

25. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, I'd say 12 hours also... we all probably need to get a life.. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.