How does one open UDP Port 6881 for Azareus?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Shrek, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shrek

Shrek Guest

I just shifted to Azareus from WinMX but I have to allow my firewall (ZA) to open UDP port 6881 to enable decentralized tracking. How can I do this? Is there a workaround for this requirement?

Thanks.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I am not sure, but I think your only remedy in ZA free is to give that program server rights and allow it to listen for incoming traffic and allow it. In ZA Pro you could probably create a rule for that app to allow just that one port. But not in ZA free (if that's what you have there). (unless I misunderstand your post, not sure what "decentralzied tracking" is...)

3. Arup

Arup Guest

Best would be to give it a temporary inbound, I would also use a bad IP blocker in conjunction like Peer Guardian, Vampeer etc if running P2P on my system.

4. Shrek

Shrek Guest

Thanks guys.

Tried Bit Toprrent and despite it's no "frills and whistles" usage, it gets the job done faster...

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

You would still benefit from opening those ports, any of the BT clients would. If you happen to be behind a router, you would also want to forward those ports. If you're using P2P you should probably also run Harden-It.

6. Shrek

Shrek Guest

Thanks... But how?

TIA

7. Arup

Arup Guest

8. Shrek

Shrek Guest

Very interesting links... Thanks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.