How does Amazon is the USA work for ordering KAV?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by php111, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. php111

php111 Registered Member

Hey everyone,

How does Amazon work in the USA as in ordering KAV products. I know Amazon sells products a lower price rather then from a main website. My main reason for asking. I was looking at the KAV site, and I seen that KAV list them at different prices depending on a subscription. I know I didn't see any subscriptions for a 1 user over at Amazon. Does that mean when someone buys from Amazon, there is no subscription required meaning no interruptions with as many updates? Or how does that work out?

http://www.amazon.com/Kaspersky-Ant...ZALG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1319568994&sr=8-8

Thank you for any useful info,

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

when you get it there will be a activation code in the box. you install the product and enter the code. its good for one year so you will either need to renew (which is a total rip off imo) or just go buy another boxed retail one like this and then use the next code you get. when you renew you will pay the full renewal price usually 50-70$

3. php111

php111 Registered Member

Thank you for your answer.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Amazon and Frys.com are good places to get it when there is a sale or rebate. I got my last license for free after rebate. I have never renewed on their main website. Too expensive. Actually Frys has Kaspersky PURE for free after rebate right now. Go there and search for "Kaspersky" to find any deals.

5. muf

muf Registered Member

Another good tip is to check if there is free upgrade from the previous version to the latest. TYou can usually get better deals on the previous version, but the licence key is still good for the latest version. I've done that one in the past!

Paul

6. php111

php111 Registered Member

Thank you so much for all the replies.

On that Amazon link I gave, how does it work if someone wants to get a license without any interruptions, and without a monthly bill statement by just paying all in one shot? Or could that only be done by renewal once the one year is up?

Thank you again!

7. muf

muf Registered Member

Basically, you purchase it from Amazon and they send you the product in the post. Included with it will be a 12 month licence key. You install the software and register it with the licence key provided with the product. Part of the registration is to provide them with your details, which will include your email address. Once your 12 month licence is due to expire, they will contact you asking you to renew. At that point, you can either renew from their offer or purchase another from Amazon(or another online shop). When you receive it, just register the licence again using the key they provide.

There are no monthly fee's involved.

Paul

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

yes be careful if you order direct from kaspersky (from amazon is fine) they will try to do recurring billing on you... other wise look for the best deal. i can also recc purplus and buycheapsoftware i have had good luck with both. just STAY AWAY from ebay many blacklisted keys on ebay....

as said if you dont mind rebates you can almost always find a deal with kaspersky almost free after rebates.

9. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I had a purplus key blacklisted. It was less than 30 days left on it so I let it go. Hopefully they have resolved their issues or I assume they would no longer be in business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.