How do you go about loading the enhanced rules for look n stop

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Creekside Rogue, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creekside Rogue

Creekside Rogue Registered Member

Hi folks,

Everyone on here says how easy it is to configure and use LooknStop, but in trying to decipher the ruleset, I've been baffled. I guess I've had things too easy using ZoneAlarm and the ICF. I'd like to use LooknStop, but haven't been able to effectively configure it. On the website, there is a list of additional rules you can add, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing that. In particular, in the setting of priorities for the rules. Someone on this forum said in another thread that all you needed to do was configure LooknStop with it's enhanced ruleset and you're good to go. How exactly do you do this? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Launch it and go to the internet filtering tab, towards the bottom click load, then select EnhancedRulesSet.rls

3. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

As said before, the enhanced ruleset should satisfy all but few paranoiacs like myself.
    Before starting making rules, it is important to understand how and why each is made.
    For this i recommend taking a look at http://itsec.commontology.de/firewalls/lns/lns-rules.html
    Look at each rule and you will at one point "see the light"

4. Creekside Rogue

Creekside Rogue Registered Member

Boy that was easy. I can't believe I overlooked that section of the GUI in LooknStop. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.