How do I switch license to another computer?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by kencl, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kencl

kencl Registered Member

Hi Folks,

I'm about to upgrade my wife's computer (mobo, cpu, memory and a new OS). How do I switch the license from her current system to the new one? Is there some way to "deactivate" one computer before "activating" the other? It will be the same harddrive, but I plan to wipe it before doing a fresh install of a more current OS (is WinXP, will be Win7).

Thanks!

PS we are using a 4 user license in case that makes any difference...

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Simply uninstall ESET from the drive (in your case not necessary as you're planning to wipe the drive) and use your license to download the latest version of EAV 4.2.40 on the computer and update it.

3. kencl

kencl Registered Member

If I do that, won't the authentication and or update servers just think that I have used my 4 user license on 5 computers?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

It must work in a different manner to other authentication methods, so it will work fine :)

5. kencl

kencl Registered Member

It worked fine. Downloaded the 64 bit version and just installed the 4 user license. Maybe they just count how many active installs there are and average them over a couple of days or something... Anyway, it was easy :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.