How do I set up a 5 OS boot?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by DesertEagle, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertEagle

DesertEagle Registered Member

I have purchased a 1TB hard drive and I am attempting to make a multi-boot system so I can test our software on multiple platforms.

Ultimately I would like to have a 200GB partition for XP (what I am currently running, and would like to transfer from my old hard drive), a 400GB partition for Windows 7 32-bit, a 100GB partition for Windows 7 64-bit, a 100GB partition for Windows Vista 32-bit, and a 100GB partition for Windows Vista 64-bit.

I have spend much time and reinstalls trying to get this to work, with mixed results.

One of the problems is that I still "see" the other operating systems as other drive letters (F:, G:, H:, etc) when I boot up into an OS and I really want them hidden. I'd like the OS, to ONLY display C: (the hard drive) and D: & E: (my 2 DVD drives) and completely hide the other operating systems.

Additionally, I first laid down the 2 copies of Windows 7, then installed Windows Vista, and when I did that, in the F1 boot manager, I see no listing for "VISTA 32" (what I called the partition and installed Vista on), only "WIN 7-32" and "WIN 7-64" (what I called those two partitions and operating systems. But when I select "WIN 7-62" I then get a Windows boot loader that asks if I want to run "Windows 7" or "Windows Vista". I've tried to go into the recovery disk and correct this, but no such luck.

So can you provide me with a plan in which order I should install/copy my various operating systems so I can have all 5 operating systems set up properly and appear in the Paragon start up menu and be completely invisible from each other?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.